Once upon a time . .
- What kind of culture does your company foster? Carroll, Brian // Furniture/Today;4/15/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 32, p258
Comments on corporate culture among furniture manufacturers in the U.S. Examination on company culture; Importance of the furniture market; Recommendation of the book 'Systems of Survival,' by Jane Jacobs.
- In brief. // Cabinet Maker;6/9/2006, Issue 5491, p5
The article offers news briefs related to furniture industry in Great Britain. BRC-KPMG Retail Sales Monitor reported that growth in furniture sales in May 2006 is slower despite the boosted sales in the beginning of the month. France and Sweden are calling to scrapped the European Union ruling...
- U.S. puts Pier pressure on Europe's retailers. Stewart, Allyson L. // Marketing News;8/2/93, Vol. 27 Issue 16, p6
The article report developments on the debut of the home furnishing retail store of Pier Co. in Great Britain. One of the biggest snares in Europe is the cost of land for retail sites. Cultural differences have affected Pier's European retailing strategy. Alison Richards, Pier Co. managing...
- The Pier eyes Scottish sites. // Cabinet Maker;11/10/2006, Issue 5513, p6
The article reports on the business expansion of Pier and its plan to make a much bigger furniture and homeware store in Scotland. The company has 45 stores and concessions nationwide and figures to expand to its four existing Scottish shops in. The company will confirm the opening of the larger...
- The name's the game. Baum, Stephanie // Cabinet Maker;9/17/2004, Issue 5406, p16
Presents a corporate profile of furniture company Espacio. Corporate history; Company operations; Management scheme; Competitive advantage; Products and services. INSET: Do you recognise these?.
- The Pier hires Exact Abacus to build efficiency. // Precision Marketing;5/13/2005, Vol. 17 Issue 28, p5
Reports on the IT services obtained by furniture retailer, The Pier, from direct marketing solutions provider Exact Abacus in Great Britain. Implementation of Exact's 3EX multichannel software, integrating The Pier's Web site and merchandising systems to improve its mail order operations;...
- Pier expands. // Housewares;Mar95, Issue 116, p4
Reports that housewares and home furnishings group The Pier has opened a discount store for discontinued lines in Street, Somerset, England.
- Best in Class. McGown, Ashley // Retail Merchandiser;Mar/Apr2009, Vol. 49 Issue 2, p28
The article offers a look at how La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries of Arizona utilized its information technology investments, strong organizational culture and acquisitions to continue its growth. The furniture company opened its first store in April 1983, and since then it had opened nine more...
- Skillful hiring, training give Sit 'n Sleep an edge. Perry, David // Furniture/Today;12/3/2007, Vol. 32 Issue 13, p42
The article presents a corporate profile of Gardena, California-based bedding store Sit 'n Sleep. According Nelson Bercier, a principal in the company, they look for integrity, personality, intelligence, sincerity and honesty to attract a strong group of sales associates. Sit 'n Sleep wants to...