- DFS: going back to its roots. // Cabinet Maker;3/12/2004, Issue 5379, p8
Analyzes the attempt by DFS executive chairman Lord Kirkham to buy back the Great Britain-based furniture company. Amount of the offer; Objective for the move.
- Taking effect. Barker, Linda // Cabinet Maker;11/26/2004, Issue 5416, p12
The article focuses on Graham Kirkham, executive chairman of DFS Furniture Company PLC., who has borrowed nearly £s;500 million to buy back DFS. What seems to have particularly frustrated Kirkham was the media interpretation of his silence on whether he would stay or go when his...
- Discounting to the death. // Cabinet Maker;10/1/2004, Issue 5408, p3
The article reports on the successful attempt of Lord Kirkham to buy back DFS Furniture Co. PLC. As a private firm, DFS can now afford to take a hit to its margin to see off rivals. Freed from the shackles of being a PLC, with demands for constant growth, Kirkham can now turn his attention to...
- Kirkham: DFS is the only company for me. // Cabinet Maker;10/1/2004, Issue 5408, p5
The article reports on the dedication of Lord Kirkham towards DFS Furniture Co. PLC. After successful buy back of DFS, Kirkham accepted that he would probably have stayed at DFS even if his bid to buy back the company had failed. And even if he had left, he would not have set up another...
- DFS profits rise 19.4%. Osiowy, Danusia // Cabinet Maker;5/5/2006, Issue 5486, p6
The article reports on the booming trade and soaring profits of DFS Furniture Co. PLC. This rise in profit is due to DFS chairman Lord Kirkham's controversial decision to take the company into private ownership. There has been 8% increase in turnover for 2005 which amounts to Â£576m as...
- LA leaps back with a full year profit. Friars, Justin // Cabinet Maker;05/11/2001, Issue 5237, p5
Reports on the financial performance of Laura Ashley Inc. as of May 2001. Sales of the company; Expected dividend payout.
- LA Christmas sales leap. // Cabinet Maker;1/18/2002, Issue 5270, p3
Reports on Great Britain-based Laura Ashley Holdings PLC's furniture sales during the Christmas 2001 season.
- LA in the red. // Cabinet Maker;3/21/2003, Issue 5329, p3
Reports on the financial problems of furniture firm Laura Ashley Inc.
- DFS is gaining on last year's figures. // Cabinet Maker;12/08/2000, Issue 5217, p2
Reports on the financial performance of upholstery retailer DFS in Great Britain as of September 2000. Comparison with 1999 figures; Growth prospects for 2001.