Ikea appeals against Stockport decision
- Judge flattens Ikea's challenge. Rowe, Stephen // Estates Gazette;2/26/2005, Issue 508, p28
Reports on the dismissal of a challenge issued by Ikea against the refusal of British Deputy Prime Minister John Prescott to grant a planning permission for its proposed Stockport store in England as of February 2005. Allegations of Ikea against Prescott; Objectives for establishing store in...
- Offcuts. // Cabinet Maker;11/21/2003, Issue 5365, p31
Presents news briefs related to the furniture industry in Great Britain, compiled as of November 21, 2003. British Deputy Prime Minister John Prescott's promotion of British furniture in China; Cleaner Adrian Lewis lost of his job after joining a store promotion; Westward Europe director carol...
- New rules offer opportunity to sell safety. Perry, David // Furniture/Today;9/8/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p34
Reports on the reluctance of the bedding industry to adopt improved mattress flammability protection in Durham, North Carolina. Response of the industry to legislative change; Improvement of fire safety as a marketing opportunity; Increase of operating expenses.
- IKEA plans to open first Southeastern store in Atlanta. // Display & Design Ideas;Nov2003, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p8
The article reports on the plans of Swedish furniture giant IKEA International A/S to enter the metro Atlanta area, Georgia with a store in Atlantic Station, a mixed-use project currently in construction across the Downtown connector in Midtown.
- IKEA buys retail park. // Cabinet Maker;1/8/2010, Issue 5669, p5
The article reports on the acquisition of the Pincent Lane and Berkshire Retail Park in Theale, England by Swedish flat-pack furniture company IKEA.
- TAKE 5. // Cabinet Maker;7/27/2012, Issue 5798, p14
The article presents news briefs related to the furniture industry including Moores Furniture Group's Furniture Industry Sustainability Programme (FISP) certification, lkea's launch of a new reality catalogue for its 2013 edition, and Youtube video of the launch event of The British Bed Company.
- TAKE 5. // Cabinet Maker;4/8/2011, Issue 5732, p10
The article offers updates on the furniture industry including the reopening of Ikea store in Kohoku, Tokyo after the March 2011 earthquake in Japan, the annual renovation of Ercol Furniture Ltd., and the book "Furniture With Soul," by David Savage.
- Ikea timber claims refuted. // DIY Week;3/25/2011, p4
The article discusses a news report by "The Times" newspaper which points out that Ikea, the furniture retailer, failed to disclose to its customers the low level of sustainable wood it used for its furniture after failing to realize its 2006 target of having 30% of its solid wood certified by 2009.
- Tenth of all furniture bought in Ikea. // Cabinet Maker;10/15/2010, Issue 5709, p10
The article reports that furniture sales in Great Britain are accounted for 9.6 percent by Ikea.