Hancock must fix IT
- Long struggle ahead for MFI to deliver on supply chain. // Cabinet Maker;9/17/2004, Issue 5406, p3
Reports on the challenges faced by MFI Furniture Group PLC as it battles to fix its stock management software in Great Britain. Disruption in the orders due to the stock management issues of the company; Effort of the company to install the stock management system; Problems with the delay of the...
- MFI backs The Sleep Council. // Cabinet Maker;08/13/99, Issue 5150, p2
Highlights The Sleep Council's recruitment of the MFI Furniture Group to boost its marketing activity.
- MFI sales up by 10%. // Cabinet Maker;11/17/2000, Issue 5214, p4
Cites the sales increase posted by furniture retail chain MFI in the 44 weeks ended November 4, 2000.
- MFI chases 13% growth target. // Cabinet Maker;6/20/2003, Issue 5343, p4
Reports on the expected growth of furniture manufacturer MFI. Predicted increase in retail sales; Main driver to the company's continued growth.
- Bid speculation lifts MFI despite dissatisfaction. Friars, Austin // Cabinet Maker;04/17/98, Issue 5084, p6
Provides an update on the bid speculation for MFI. Factors that influenced bid speculations for MFI; Overview on the stock performance of other furniture manufacturing companies in Great Britain.
- MFI glows with style after a hot winter sale. // Cabinet Maker;3/21/2003, Issue 5329, p3
Reports on the sales performance of furniture firm MFI Furniture in Great Britain. Percentage of increase in sales; Dining and bedroom lines of MFI; Sales of Sofa Workshop.
- The real cost of supply-chain inefficiency. Elliff, Scott A. // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);9/5/2005, Vol. 6 Issue 36, p41
Comments on the efficiency of supply chains, citing areas of improvement for profit and loss. Prices of products purchased; Reasons for the efficiency of supply-chain operations; Handling of durability processes for warranty issues.
- Staff to Meet the Need. Miller, George D. // Frontline Solutions;Mar2005, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p6
Comments on the support of the company's business strategy to its demand supply chain in the organization. Contradiction of the past spending of supply chain execution function on planning and forecasting; Provision and value of Massachusetts Institute of Technology's Masters in Logistics...
- Lessons for lean living. // Automotive Logistics;Nov/Dec2004, p24
Focuses on the key foundational elements of a lean supply chain. Part data; Electronic connectivity; Level schedules; Supplier compliance.