S&P Lifts Its Watch on Lake County, Ind., and 8 Localities
- Alliance Affirmed. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;6/23/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31911, p31
Focuses on the affirmation of the BBB-plus rating on Alliance Community Hospital debt by Standard & Poor's Corp. in Ohio. Revision of outlook for the debt; Factors influencing the negative outlook; Risks associated with a sizeable and behind-schedule construction plan to replace an existing...
- Rhodes College Raised. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;3/23/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32345, p29
The article announces that Standard & Poor has raised the underlying rating it assigns to about $15 million of debt sold in 2000 for Rhodes College in Memphis, Tennessee by the Shelby County Health, Education, and Housing Facility Board. The college achieved stronger selectivity while holding...
- MINNESOTA: Emergency Radio Issue. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/15/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32509, p39
The article reports that Minnesota has sold an estimated $35 million of revenue-backed bonds to fund the state's continuing work on digital radio communications systems for public safety personnel. The bond had been assigned an underlying AA-minus rating by Fitch Ratings and A2 by Moody's...
- S&P Upgrades $2.1B of California DWR Debt to AAA. Saskal, Richard // Bond Buyer;4/17/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32836, p28
The article reports on the upgrade made by Standard & Poor's Corp. (S&P) to the water revenue bonds of the California Department of Water Resources to AAA from AA. The rating agency said that the upgrade reflects the increasing essentiality of Central Valley Project water to the state, which...
- Washington County, Md., Upgraded, Affirmed Ahead of $25 Million Deal. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;3/6/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32332, p28
The article reports on Standard & Poor's Corp.'s upgrade and Fitch Ratings Inc.'s affirmation of underlying credit ratings for Washington County, Maryland in advance of the country's competitive sale of $25.5 million in general obligation bonds. The rating on the county's $129.4 million of...
- N.Y.C. Sets $850M Debt Sale for Next Week. O'Brien, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;7/7/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32167, p36
Reports on the plans of the New York City to sell tax-exempt fixed-rate bonds. Rating of New York City's general obligation bonds by Moody's Investors Service, Fitch Ratings and Standard & Poor's.
- Pittsburgh's Fiscal Problems Run It Down. Lemov, Penelope // Governing;Dec2003, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p58
Focuses on the decision of Standard & Poor's to lower the bond rating of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Reasons for the downgrade; Budget problems facing Pittsburgh; Outlook of Moody's Investor Service and Fitch on the bond rating of Pittsburgh.
- Golden Valley Bans. Kelemen, Jasmina // Bond Buyer;2/11/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32069, p39
Reports on the bond rating assigned to Golden Valley Unified School District's bond anticipation notes by Standard & Poor's Rating Services in California. Amount involved in the bond deal; Use of the proceeds from the transaction; Upgrade made to the district's general obligation bonds.
- Commonwealth of Puerto Rico Affirmed At 'BBB-', On Deficit Reduction Measures. // Bond Buyer;10/25/2013, Vol. 122 Issue F342, p1
The article informs that the credit rating firm Standard & Poor's Ratings Services has affirmed its "BBB-" rating and negative outlook as of Ocgober 2013 on the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico general obligation (GO) bonds and appropriation debt. It mentions that the rating is based on the...