Bush Ready to Sign Bill With Liberty, QZAB, D.C. Extensions
- Those who pay the most taxes benefit most from tax cuts. Stephenson, Howard // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;6/2/2003, Vol. 32 Issue 49, p22
Focuses on the tax cuts programs in the U.S. List of federal tax cuts enacted under U.S. President George W. Bush; Information on the Jobs and Growth Tax Relief Reconciliation Act of 2003; Major complaint on tax cuts.
- Christmas in January. // Time International (South Pacific Edition);1/20/2003, Issue 2, p6
Reports that U.S. President George W. Bush proposed a tax-cut program in January 2003 that he hopes will help the U.S. economy. Specifics of the plan, including a goal to eliminate taxes on corporate dividends; Criticism of the program by Democrats; Efforts to introduce immediate tax-rate cuts...
- Tax cut plan will have major impact. Battersby, Mark A. // DVM: The Newsmagazine of Veterinary Medicine;Aug2003, Vol. 34 Issue 8, p21S
Reports on the approval of the tax cut plan by the U.S. Congress and U.S. President George W. Bush as of August 2003. Amount of the tax cut plan; Information on the current tax rate; Increase in veterinary equipment expenditures that may be expensed and deducted rather than capitalized.
- To revive economy, tax cut isn't going to cut it. Miller, Leslie // New Hampshire Business Review;10/18/2002, Vol. 24 Issue 22, p11A
Comments on the tax cuts proposed by U.S. President George W. Bush. Efforts made by U.S. consumer to help the economy; Explanation for the dismal increase of consumer borrowing in August 2002; Reason for the proposal of Bush.
- Politics and the Butterfly Effect. Lucier, James P. // Insight on the News;4/27/2004, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p14
Discusses the failure of U.S. President George W. Bush to calculate the butterfly effect of his 10-year period budget cut proposed in 2004. Reason behind the tax cuts; Impact of the tax cuts on the unemployment rate, prepared by the House Budget Committee; Stand of Democratic presidential...
- Key provisions of the economic stimulus package. Grill Jr., Norman G. // Westchester County Business Journal;2/25/2008, Vol. 47 Issue 8, p23
The article reports on the key provisions of the newly signed Economic Stimulus Act of 2008 by President George W. Bush. The bill is designed to improve the U.S. economy by providing tax rebates to individuals and tax incentives for business. Among the key elements included are recovery rebates...
- States Blow Off Bush. McIntyre, Robert S. // American Prospect;6/3/2002, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p17
Reports on the corporate tax cut initiated by U.S. President George W. Bush. Approval of the tax cut by Congress in March 2002; Impact of the bill on the budget of states; Measures adopted by states to combat the possible impact of the bill.
- Remarks Following a Meeting on Taxes and the National Economy in Sterling, Virginia. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;5/1/2006, Vol. 42 Issue 17, p730
Presents a speech by U.S. President George W. Bush delivered at Europa Stone Distributors Inc. on April 17, 2006. Benefits gained by small businesses from tax relief; Number of jobs created in the U.S. since 2004; Reason for convincing the U.S. Congress to keep the tax low.
- Don't repeal estate tax if helping small business in your aim. Farris, Lee; Zorn, Stephen // Crain's Chicago Business;12/13/2004, Vol. 27 Issue 50, p16
This article reports that U.S. President George W. Bush is proposing to eliminate the estate tax as part of his second-term plan to make permanent his $1.9 trillion in tax cuts. But in truth, the estate tax doesn't hurt small businesses. It only affects multimillionaires and their heirs, such as...