New Demands Drive New England State Universities to More Bonding
- ARKANSAS: Higher Ed GOs on the Way. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/14/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32508, p31
The article reports that some bonds that have been approved could be issued in coming months to fund the needed capital improvements at 11 public universities and 22 two-year colleges in Arkansas. The bond package includes $150 million for new projects and $100 million to pay down an earlier...
- Now Positive, Univ. of California Selling $369 Million. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;9/21/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31973, p28
Reports on the plan of the University of California system in California, to sell revenue bonds. Revision of the university's outstanding debt outlook by Standard & Poor's; Statement of Peter Taylor, lead manager of the deal, regarding the retail order period; Planned usage of the proceeds.
- Alabama Gov. Riley Backs $850M of Bonds for Public Schools, Colleges. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;3/8/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32582, p3
The article reports on the support given by Alabama Governor Bob Riley on the $850 million bond issue for public schools and colleges. The governor initially proposed a $500 million bond issue but some Democratic legislators said they might consider increasing the total to $1 billion. In...
- Off-balance-sheet bonds lose their new-kid status in schools. Karchmer, Jennifer // Bond Buyer;08/26/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30713, p1
Focuses on the increasing number of off-balance-sheet bonds issued by schools and universities in the United States. Potential for credit enhancement; Risks associated with off-balance-sheet financings; Investment-grade ratings earned by these bonds.
- Brandeis Sells $25M Through New Conduit. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;12/2/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31772, p4
Reports on Brandeis University's $25 million bond issue in Massachusetts. Structure of the deal; Demand for Kansas bonds; Use of proceeds from the issues.
- Pennsylvania, N.J. Universities Have Big Plans on Campus. D'Ambrosio, Gillian // Bond Buyer;9/15/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31719, p32
Reports on the plans of various universities and colleges in Pennsylvania and New Jersey, to sale bonds for financing capital projects designed to accommodate increasing number of students and their increasingly sophisticated preferences for amenities. Plans of Pennsylvania Higher Educational...
- N.C. Selling $380M For Higher Ed, Water. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;03/05/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31089, p3
Reports the sale of the public improvement general obligation bonds in North Carolina. Improvement and upgrade of classroom facilities; Schedule of sale; Expectation on the sale's success; Affirmation of bond ratings; Breakdown on the expenditures of the proceedings.
- College tuition up 5%. // Career World;Jan1998, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p2
Reports the increases in college tuition costs in the United States for the school-year 1997-1998. Reason why colleges have been under pressure to curb rising costs; Availability of financial aid dollars; Statistics on the tuition for many public institutions.
- Union hits out at university fees plan. Ireson, Fiona // Public Finance;07/14/2000, p15
Highlights research commissioned by the Russell Group of universities on the funding challenges of universities in Great Britain. Recommended fee structure for universities to follow; Reaction of the National Association of Teachers in Further and Higher Education to the report.