For the love of reading
- The Content Literacy Continuum: A School Reform Framework for Improving Adolescent Literacy for All Students. Lenz, B. Keith; Ehren, Barbara J.; Deshler, Donald D. // Teaching Exceptional Children;Jul/Aug2005, Vol. 37 Issue 6, p60
This article provides information on the Institute for Academic Access, an umbrella project of the University of Kansas Center for Research on Learning and the University of Oregon. The studies have focused on how to increase the success of high school students with disabilities enrolled in...
- Four Pillars. // njbiz;6/16/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 24, p12
Presents information on universities and colleges for higher education in Newark, New Jersey. Rutgers University-Newark; Essex County College; New Jersey Institute of Technology; University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey.
- Education on the Northern Marianas Islands. // Monkeyshines on America;Nov97 Territory: Northern Marianas, p15
Discusses the educational system in the Northern Marianas Islands. Number of schools; Student population; College courses offered in the Northern Marianas College.
- Resources. // National On-Campus Report;3/1/2004, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p6
Reports on developments involving colleges and universities in the U.S. Web site of the College Tobacco Prevention Resource; Topic of the symposium co-sponsored by the University of Kansas; Availability of the book "Designing Successful transition: A Guide for Orienting Students to College," by...
- Phoenix University Has Grown Rapidly In GR. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;7/28/2003, Vol. 21 Issue 30, pB13
Reports on the growth of Phoenix University, a local university program in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Factor attributed to the institution's popularity; Information on the undergraduate courses offered; Plan to build new campuses.
- Training team targets skilled trades shortage. Larmour, Adelle // Northern Ontario Business;May2005, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p8
Reports on a model at the School of Skills Training at Cambrian Colelge in Northern Ontario that provides working relationships between the school and its students, its governing body, theMinistry of Training, Colleges and Universities and industry. Industrial training provided by Skytech.
- 1229. // History of Science & Technology;2004, p124
The article cites that the University of Toulouse in Toulouse, France, is founded in 1229.
- The School-University Program. Tanner, Laurel N. // Educational Leadership;Feb1973, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p420
The article focuses on school-university programs in the United States which aim to improve achievement in reading. The typical school-university efforts are focused on poverty area schools where educational performance seems hopelessly below national norms. It has been shown that...
- A Comment on General Education. Griffith, Coleman R. // Journal of Higher Education;Jun1939, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p291
The article presents an author's comment on general education in the U.S. He focuses on the necessary items in a formula for general education. He regards schools as agents of passage between youth and the social order and that they have a role in transubstantiating minds into skilled and...