People In The News
- Love notes. // India Today;7/15/2013, p42
The article reports that Harlequin, the publisher of Mills and Boon novels, will enter the regional market in India by launching books in Tamil, Hindi, Malayalam and Marathi languages.
- Harlequin Has Strong Earnings Gain in 2nd Qtr. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;8/19/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 33, p16
Reports on the increase in revenue and profit of book publisher Harlequin for the second quarter ended June 30, 2002. Sales of Harlequin's women fiction and North American segment; Amount of operating profit for the first six months of 2002.
- Earnings soft at Harlequin, Torstar education unit. // Publishers Weekly;3/16/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 11, p14
Focuses on checked earnings growth at Torstar's Harlequin susidiary due to softness in the North American mass market paperback segment. Decline of earnings in Torstar's supplementary education group in 1997; A decline in worldwide sales with an increase in operating profits at Harlequin;...
- Harlequin Becoming Leader on e-book Circuit After 10 Months. // Book Publishing Report;8/28/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 33, p1
The article presents information about Toronto, Ontario-based publisher Harlequin Enterprises Ltd. The publisher has recently entered into the e-book market, and is planning to have 400 titles available by the end of 2006. Recently it launched two new digital entertainment ventures, Harlequin...
- Racing Hearts. Odell, Patricia // Promo;Mar2006, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p6
The article reports that Harlequin Enterprises has partnered with NASCAR in order to develop a new series of romance novels. The first two books were written by Pamela Britton with one focusing on a NASCAR superstar and a headstrong woman, and the other telling about the story of a female NASCAR...
- Earnings Up at Harlequin; Adds U.S. Sales Job. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;8/11/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 32, p114
Reports on the business performance of Harlequin for the second-quarter of 2003. Sales record of the company in North America; Operating profit posted by the company; Information on the international operations of the company.
- Harlequin Heroine's Bold Ambition: World Domination. // Book Publishing Report;3/3/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 8, p1
Reports on the organizational goal of Donna Hayes, president and publisher of Harlequin Inc. Increase in the market share of the women's fiction publisher; Business expansion of the existing series and imprints; Reintroduction of trade paperbacks in mass market format.
- Lee promoted at Harlequin. // Publishers Weekly;12/8/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 50, p11
Reports the naming of Candy Lee to succeed Tony Flynn as Harlequin's executive vice president of overseas. Isabel Swift named vice president of editorial; Loriana Sacilotto appointed vice president of retail marketing.
- Harlequin Posts Gains. // Publishers Weekly;5/5/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 18, p13
Deals with the earnings of Harlequin during the first quarter of 2003. Details on the increase in sales; Segment with strongest performance; Profits in overseas markets.