Moore Books From Simon & Schuster Set For Fall Release
- More than Michael Moore: Contemporary Australian Book Reading Patterns and the Wars on Iraq and Afghanistan. Zwar, Jan // Publishing Research Quarterly;Dec2012, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p325
Set in a period of heightened public debate in the 2000s and with predictions of the demise of printed books in the background, this study examines whether Australians turned to books in relation to some of the most heated international issues of the era: those associated with the wars on Iraq...
- EXCLUSIVE ANNUAL BPR ANALYSIS: THE 2003 NEW YORK TIMES Hardcover Nonfiction List. // Book Publishing Report;1/19/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p3
Books about politics were the top stories of 2003 in the nonfiction hardcover category, according to Book Publishing Report exclusive analysis of the New York Times bestseller lists. Conservatives and liberal thinkers were equally represented on the list throughout 2003. For instance, Michael...
- Random House, Penguin Leading Paperback Fiction Category. // Book Publishing Report;11/29/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 46, p7
Presents the ranking of various U.S. book publishers based on the bestseller list for paperback fiction of the "New York Times." Position of Random House Inc. in the bestseller list; Number of Penguin Group USA Inc.'s book titles on the paperback fiction list; Place of Simon & Schuster Inc. in...
- Random House, Penguin Group Nearly Deadlocked on List. // Book Publishing Report;8/7/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 30, p7
The article reports on the scorecard of publishers based on the success of their published books in the U.S. Random House Inc. has 21 titles that lasted for 90 weeks, headed by "Godless," by Ann Coulter. Penguin Group USA Inc. has 18 of its books that topped for 87 weeks with "Conservatives...
- HarpersCollins Holding Lead In Children's Bestseller Lists. // Book Publishing Report;4/18/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 15, p6
Reports on the distinction of HarperCollins Children's Books as the number one publisher of the "New York Times" children's list, in the U.S. List of popular titles published by the company such as "The Princess Diaries"; Rank of Simon & Schuster Inc. which has published "Kira-Kira," by Cynthia...
- Atria to Publish the Book on Cool. // Book Publishing Report;11/24/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 45, p5
Reports on Atria Books' plan to publish a book on what is cool. Topics to be discussed on the book; Target readers for the book.
- `Roger & Me' redux. Solomon, Jolie // Newsweek;10/5/1992, Vol. 120 Issue 14, p79
Presents an interview with filmmaker Michael Moore on his film `Roger & Me.' Whether the film was a warning of sorts; Reactions; Why the film is about General Motors (GM); Whether unions can do much to protect the workers; Whether there are any realistic options for change.
- Fahrenheit 9/11 Bringing Moore For Publishers. // Book Publishing Report;7/5/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 25, p4
Reports on books written by Michael Moore, filmmaker of the "Fahrenheit 9/11". Publicity surrounding Moore's film; Comments of Paul Olsewski, senior director of publicity at HarperCollins, on efforts of publishers to promote Moore's books; Total number of revised copies of Moore's "Stupid White...
- THE CULTURAL CAMPAIGN. Poniewozik, James // Time;7/12/2004, Vol. 164 Issue 2, p69
Discusses how the entertainment and publishing companies are the principal forces driving political debate in America. Michael Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11"; Comedians Jon Stewart and Al Franken; Comic strip "Boondocks"; The novel "Checkpoint," by Nicholson Baker; Other examples.