Harry N. Abrams Updates Site To Reflect New Focus
- Abrams on Pace for 8% Revenue Rise; Still Cutting Titles. // Book Publishing Report;11/6/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 43, p1
The article reports on the plan of New York publisher Harry N. Abrams Inc. to increase its revenue in 2006. CEO Michael Jacobs states that the company expects to meet its aggressive goal of 8% increase in revenue. The effort of the company is to increase its revenue with fewer titles. The...
- Harry N. Abrams To Cut Title Output 15%. // Book Publishing Report;4/4/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 13, p3
Reports that Harry N. Abrams Inc. will reduce its book output in 2005 in the U.S. Percentage of the output reduction; Total number of books the company planned to publish in 2005; Statement of CEO Michael Jacobs regarding the sales of art books.
- Abrams Favorite To Buy ST&C. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;07/31/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 31, p11
Reports that Harry Abrams is in position to acquire the assets of U.S Media Holdings, the parent company of Stewart, Tabori & Chang, Smithmark Publishers and Golden Turtle Press, which filed for bankruptcy in spring 2000. Likely result if Abrams seals the deal.
- Stewart, Tabori & Chang Close To Realigning With Harry N. Abrams. // Book Publishing Report;08/07/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 31, p5
Reports on illustrated book publisher Harry N. Abrams' purchase of the publishing assets of bankrupt U.S. Media Holdings. Publishing units of U.S. Media that are included in the deal; Number new titles that the Stewart, Tabori & Chang imprint plans to release annually.
- Thames & Hudson to distribute Abrams. // Publishers Weekly;10/6/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 41, p20
Notes that all Harry Abrams titles will be distributed worldwide by Thames & Hudson of London, as of January 1, 1998. Relationships between publishing houses.
- Latingy names Abrams investors. // Publishers Weekly;5/26/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 21, p22
Comments on the outside financing support from a number of investors that Groupe Latingy received to help complete its purchase of Harry Abrams. List of the investors lending support.
- Abrams to Pub 'Mom's Cancer' Reid, Calvin // Publishers Weekly;5/2/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 18, p15
Reports that Harry N. Abrams has acquired the rights to publish "Mom's Cancer," by Brian Fies. Overview of the book; Schedule of publication; Background on Fies.
- Abrams at 50: Art Book Publisher Grows Beyond Its Roots. Baker, John F. // Publishers Weekly;9/6/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 36, p22
Highlights the success of Harry N. Abrams, the first United States art publisher that grew to become a publisher of a range of interests. History of the company; Information on the purchase of Abrams by La Martiniere in 1997; Number of book titles published by the company in a typical year.
- Abrams rolls out new line for children. Lodge, Sally // Publishers Weekly;6/7/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 23, p32
Reports on Harry N. Abrams' issuance of its first catalogue devoted exclusively to children's books. Catalogue's inclusion of 1999 releases that launch the Harry N. Abrams Books for Young Readers imprint; Appointment of Howard Reeves as head of the imprint; Book titles featured in the inaugural...