- Paris Hilton Autobiography Hits The Shelves. // Book Publishing Report;9/13/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 35, p4
Reports on the autobiography imprint of reality television star Paris Hilton titled, â€œConfession of an Heiress: A Tongue-in-Chic Peek Behind the Pose,â€ which gives a seemingly endless media tie-in in the U.S.
- One Press Gives Its All To a Reissue. Rosen, Judith // Publishers Weekly;3/26/2007, Vol. 254 Issue 13, p29
The article reports that Paris Press will be reissuing Zdena Berger's "Tell Me Another Morning: An Autobiographical Novel." After successfully bringing Virginia Woolf's "On Being Ill," Bryher's "Visa for Avalon" and Muriel Rukeyser's "The Life of Poetry" back into print, the press is doing the...
- Prime Cuts. Andriani, Lynn // Publishers Weekly;8/10/2009, Vol. 256 Issue 32, p17
The article reports on the growth of the market for cookbooks in the U.S. Data from Nielsen BookScan showed that sales in the cooking/entertaining category increased four percent in the first four months of 2009 over the same period last year, while sales of adult nonfiction overall dropped nine...
- Worth the Weight. Schwarzbaum, Lisa // Entertainment Weekly;7/23/2004, Issue 775, p80
Presents information on the autobiographical fiction "I, Fatty," by Jerry Stahl.
- Not Just the Facts. Yanofsky, Joel // Books in Canada;Sep95, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p14
Relates the author's observation on the trend in autobiographical writing. Absence of intimacy in personal stories; Increase in the publication of memoirs; Citation of best autobiographical writings.
- She wasn't there, I was there. Flett, Keith; Bellenger, Will // New Statesman & Society;12/16/94-12/30/94, Vol. 7 Issue 333, Blairway to Heaven p47
Presents humorous autobiographies of famous people written by ghost authors.
- Eleni: Hellenizing the Subject, Westernizing the Discourse. Kalogeras, Yiorgos D. // MELUS;Summer93, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p77
Analyzes Nicholas Gage's autobiographical memoir `Eleni.' Establishing correct ideological parameters; Focusing on the text on a series of analogies drawn from the stories and storytellers of the Greek classical tradition; Specific approach; Ethnic purity; Stories of a false beginning.
- SELECTED BIBLIOGRAPHY. // Ruth Hall & Other Writings;1986, preceding p1
The sources cited within this issue are presented including "Fern Leaves from Fanny's Portfolio," by Fanny Fern, "Fanny Fern, or a Pair of Flaming Shoes," by Florence Bannard Adams and "Melodramas of Beset Manhood: How Theories of American Fiction Exclude Women Authors," by Nina Baym.
- PREFACE. Fern, Fanny // Ruth Hall & Other Writings;1986, p3
A preface for the book "Ruth Hall: A Tale of the Present Time," by Fanny Fern is presented.