Harry Potter And The Translation Of The Bestseller
- A Summer Snapshot. Roback, Diane // Publishers Weekly;9/8/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 36, p30
Assesses the sales of children's books in the U.S. in summer 2003. Role of the launch of the book "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix" in the overall sales of booksellers in the country; Factor which contributed to the slow business of booksellers in California; List of books which were...
- Children's Book Industry Hoping Harry Will Fuel Final Six Months of 2003. // Book Publishing Report;9/22/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 36, p5
Report on trends toward premium priced titles such as 'Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix' for the second half of 2003 in the children's book industry in the U.S. Price list of the book; Effect of higher priced children's titles; Estimate on consumer spending.
- Scholastic Revises Potter Fair Plan. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;3/31/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 13, p10
Reports on the decision of publisher Scholastic to change its school fairs program designed to drive customers to purchase the book 'Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix' in 2003. Reason for the move; Action taken by Scholastic to help make sure that customers go to stores rather than...
- 'Phoenix' PB Due August 10. // Publishers Weekly;2/9/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 6, p12
Announces the release of the paperback edition of "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix" on August 10, 2004. Book price.
- Scholastic Dealing with 'Potter' Allocation Concerns. Rosen, Judith // Publishers Weekly;6/9/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 23, p20
Relates the concerns of booksellers regarding the launching of J.K. Rowling's 'Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix,' in June 2003. Views of booksellers on the event; Response of the book's publisher, Scholastic, to booksellers; Projections for the book's inital sales.
- KEEPING THE LID ON. Gates, David; Mnookin, Seth; Meadows, Susannah; Gonzalez, Nayelli // Newsweek;6/30/2003, Vol. 141 Issue 26, p56
Discusses the strict rules accompanying the unleashing of the 5th Harry Potter book "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix" in June 2003. Need to keep the plot a secret in order to keep competing booksellers happy; Details of the publicity stunt; People who leaked information about previous...
- Potter profits to keep Bury Blooming. // Printing World;7/1/2004, Vol. 287 Issue 2, p15
Reports that Bloomsbury Publishing is expected to produce a growth in profits after a buoyant first six-months' trading. Pre-tax profit forecasts; Publisher of the blockbusting "Harry Potter" series; Paperback version of "Order of the Phoenix" expected to lift sales.
- Feat of Clays. // Printing World;5/19/2003, Vol. 282 Issue 6, p52
Discusses the controversy concerning the missing copies of the 'Harry Potter & the Order of the Phoenix.' Print process.
- Potter Set for June 21. Milliot, Jim; Zeitchik, Steven // Publishers Weekly;1/20/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 3, p11
Reports on the preparation of booksellers, publishing houses and printers for the June 21, 2003 release of the book 'Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix,' as of January 2003. Publishers appointed for the project; Design of the books; Impact on other books scheduled for release on or...