Andrews McMeel Releases Princess Diana Book; People Running Serial
- Publishers Getting the Last Laugh with Humor Books. // Book Publishing Report;10/20/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 40, p3
Reports on the release of various books with humorous stories in the U.S. Top post of the publisher Random House in the 'New York Times' bestseller; Success of the Andrew McMeel Publishing; Feedback from the publishers on the success of the books. INSET: Simba's Hot Picks: Forthcoming Humor...
- Andrews McMeel Expanding Calendar Business In U.K. // Book Publishing Report;2/20/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 7, p3
The article reports on the move of Andrews McMeel Publishing to expand its calendar business in Great Britain. The company formed Andrews McMeel Publishing UK as sales and distribution subsidiary that will be in-charged for the distribution of calendars. This division will be launching its 200...
- TOM THORNTON WILL LEAVE STAMP ON AMP. Astor, Dave // Editor & Publisher;Mar2005, Vol. 138 Issue 3, p65
Focuses on the retirement of Tom Thorton as president and CEO of Andrews McMeel Publishing at the end of 2005. Reason for the retirement of Thorton; Career background; Contributions of Thorton to the company.
- Troll Moving Distribution to AMP. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;5/1/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 18, p16
Reports that Troll Communications has reached an agreement with Andrews McMeel Publishing (AMP) for AMP to be Troll's exclusive distributor to the trade market. Terms and effectivity of the agreement; What Troll is known for.
- AMP Gets Geddes; Cedco Takes Harry. Milliot, Jim; Farmanfarmaian, Roxane // Publishers Weekly;10/23/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 43, p12
Reports that Andrews McMeel Publishing will become the North American copublisher for books and calendars created by Anne Geddes. Estimated number of copies of Geddes' books that have been sold worldwide since 1994; Licensing rights won by Cedco Publishing, Geddes' distributor in the United States.
- Day by Days. // Publishers Weekly;4/10/2006, Vol. 253 Issue 15, p28
The article reports that though wall calendars and desk diaries remain the mainstay of the publishing business, publishers are bringing increasingly imaginative and interactive titles and formats to the marketplace. It describes the At Ease: Navy Men of World War II from Abrams. It reveals two...
- Stark Books Due From AMP. // Publishers Weekly;1/3/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 1, p24
Reports that Andrew McMeel Publishing will debut an imprint in spring 2000 which will be headed by its former vice president of sales and marketing, Allan Stark. Topics to be focused on at Stark Books; Career and professional background of Stark; List of Stark books to released in the spring of...
- Andrews McMeel Returns to The Far Side. // Book Publishing Report;Sep2003, Vol. 28 Issue 33, p5
Reports on the plan of Kansas City, Missouri-based Andrew McMeel Publishing to launch the Gary Larson's 'The Complete Far Side' in October 2003 in the United States. Significant features of the book; Publication of the book in hardcover unjacketed volumes; Comments from Tom Thornton, president...
- Andrews McMeel Will Stay Course Through Thornton Retirement. // Book Publishing Report;2/7/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p4
Reports on the resignation of Thomas Thornton as CEO of Andrews McMeel Publishing in the U.S. Career background; Top seller books of the company; Estimated 2004 revenues.