Sterling Produces First NYT Bestseller With Hippie; Seeks Expansion
- Friedman Books Find New Homes at B&N. Holt, Karen // Publishers Weekly;8/18/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 33, p12
Reports that titles published under the name of Friedman Fairfax will be distributed under the imprints of Sterling and Barnes & Noble as of August 18, 2003. Changes in the Main Street Books, the promotional books imprint of Sterling; Publishing plans of Charles Nurnberg, president of Sterling.
- News Briefs. // Publishers Weekly;11/14/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 45, p4
The article presents news briefs related to the publishing sector in the U.S. as of November 2005. Sterling Publishing has teamed up with Great Britain publisher/packager Duncan Baird Publishers to publish and distribute Baird titles in North America. Abebooks COO Boris Wertz said Bookfinder...
- New Imprint from Sterling. // Publishers Weekly;7/17/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 29, p78
Reports that book distributor Sterling Publishing will begin distribution of Phoenix Press, a book imprint developed by publisher Weidenfeld and Nicolson starting September 2000. Number of trade paperbacks to be released by the imprint per year; Book series to be launched by the imprint in the...
- Sterling Signs Pact with Mensa. // Publishers Weekly;9/15/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 37, p12
Reports on the agreement reached between Sterling Publishing and Mensa International. Terms of the agreement; Range of books and cover subjects involved in the Sterling-Mensa deal.
- People. // Publishers Weekly;7/17/2006, Vol. 253 Issue 28, p10
Career developments involving people in the book publishing industry in the U.S. is discussed. Meg Lemke has been appointed editor at Seven Stories Press. Publishers Group Worldwide has named Edward Benitez regional director for Europe, Latin America and the Middle East. Sterling Publishing has...
- Sterling Finds Success In Niche Categories. Reid, Calvin // Publishers Weekly;7/22/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 29, p72
Reports on the increased sales at Sterling Publishing despite the economic slowdown and the aftermath of the September 11 terrorist attacks in the U.S. Percentage of Sterling's sales that come from the backlist; Percentage of the company's business that is generated by the special sales...
- NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER SCORECARD: THE PUBLISHERS. // Book Publishing Report;11/4/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 43, p3
Lists the top publishers in terms of number of books included in the New York Times Bestsellers list for the year ending November 4, 2002. Names of publishing companies; Number of books; Number of weeks on the list; Random House; HarperCollins; Simon and Schuster; Penguin Putnam.
- Behind the bestsellers. Maryles, Daisy // Publishers Weekly;5/31/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 22, p25
Presents news briefs from concerning the book publishing industry, compiled as of May 31, 1999. Includes news on Bill Cosby's promotion of his Hyperion bestseller `Congratulations! Now What? A Book for Graduates'; Publication of the book `Chicken Soup for the Golfer's Soul,' by Health...
- Paperback Bestsellers/Trade. Maryles, Daisy // Publishers Weekly;3/20/2006, Vol. 253 Issue 12, p17
The article focuses on best selling paperbacks in the U.S. and features author Sue Mon Kidd. Monk says his book Mermaid Chair is his own attempt to answer a woman's desire to love and be free. Meanwhile, the book Su Doku Easy to Hardstill gains strong sales in 206 weeks. A complete list of the...