Book Sales Increase At Big Three Chains, Despite Lack of "Potter Effect"
- Lackluster Q4 Spell Changes for Big Three. // Book Publishing Report;Apr2007, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p1
The article reports on the financial performance of Barnes & Noble Inc., Borders Group Inc., and Books-A-Million Inc., the Big Three book retailers in the U.S. The Big Three has reported a decline in sales during the fourth quarter in 2006. As a result, the Big Three companies announced the...
- FINANCIAL NEWS. // Book Publishing Report;05/28/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 22, p6
Presents updates on the earnings of publishing companies as of May 28, 2001. Books-a-Million Inc.'s net sales for the first quarter; Thomas Nelson Inc.'s earnings for the fourth quarter ended March 31; Barnes & Noble Inc.'s losses for the quarter ended May 5.
- B&N, Bam Report Improved Second-Quarter Sales. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;8/27/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 35, p9
Reports on the sales generated by publishing companies, Barnes & Noble and Books-A-Million (BAM), for the second quarter of 2001. Growth of sales at Barnes' bookstore group; Increase in revenues at Barnes' superstores; Revenues gained by BAM in the quarter.
- Big Three: The Good and Bad of Q3, Plus Hope for the Holidays. // Book Publishing Report;Dec2009, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p12
The article reports on the financial performance of the three big bookstores, Barnes & Noble Inc., Borders Group Inc. and Books-A-Million Inc., in the U.S. in the third quarter of 2009. Of the three companies, only Barnes & Noble experienced rise in revenue attributed to its Barnes & Noble...
- No Potter Run-Up Means No Growth for Big Three in Second Quarter. // Book Publishing Report;8/28/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 33, p1
The article reports that publishers Barnes & Noble Inc., Borders Group Inc. and Books-A-Million Inc. have reported sales decline for the second quarter of 2006. Barnes & Noble reported a 2.6 percent fall in comparable store sales, Borders noted a 5 percent drop and Books-A-Million marked a...
- News Briefs. // Publishers Weekly;5/24/2010, Vol. 257 Issue 21, p4
This section offers news briefs related to the publishing industry. Vector Group chairman Bennett LeBow has been appointed chairman of the Borders Group. Books-A-Million (BAM) reported a 1% decline in revenue and a 3.6% decline in same-store sales for the first quarter that ended May 1, 2010....
- Big Three Chains End Quarter, Year with Gains; Comparable Sales Up. // Book Publishing Report;3/27/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 12, p1
The article reports on the financial performance of book chains in the U.S. for the fiscal year 2005. Barnes &x0026; Noble Inc. considered as the largest bookstore in the country with branches in every state, reported an increase in sale by 1.7 percent and 5.1 increase in profit. Meanwhile,...
- Industry Stocks: July Performances. // Publishers Weekly;8/9/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 32, p109
Presents data on the publishing industry's stocks performance between June 30 and July 30, 2004. Books-A-Million; Educational Development Corp.; Barnes & Noble.
- Big Three: Poor Holiday Results Indicate Large Year-End Declines. // Book Publishing Report;Jan2009, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p1
The article reports on the top three book publishers from 2007 to 2008 in the U.S. Holiday sales of Barnes & Noble Inc. in 2007 were $1.2 billion, while its 2008 sales were $1.1 billion. On the other hand, Books-A-Million Inc.'s sales for 2007 were $130.8 million, which accounted for 77.7...