Book Sales Increase At Big Three Chains, Despite Lack of "Potter Effect"
- Lackluster Q4 Spell Changes for Big Three. // Book Publishing Report;Apr2007, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p1
The article reports on the financial performance of Barnes & Noble Inc., Borders Group Inc., and Books-A-Million Inc., the Big Three book retailers in the U.S. The Big Three has reported a decline in sales during the fourth quarter in 2006. As a result, the Big Three companies announced the...
- FINANCIAL NEWS. // Book Publishing Report;05/28/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 22, p6
Presents updates on the earnings of publishing companies as of May 28, 2001. Books-a-Million Inc.'s net sales for the first quarter; Thomas Nelson Inc.'s earnings for the fourth quarter ended March 31; Barnes & Noble Inc.'s losses for the quarter ended May 5.
- B&N, Bam Report Improved Second-Quarter Sales. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;8/27/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 35, p9
Reports on the sales generated by publishing companies, Barnes & Noble and Books-A-Million (BAM), for the second quarter of 2001. Growth of sales at Barnes' bookstore group; Increase in revenues at Barnes' superstores; Revenues gained by BAM in the quarter.
- Big Three: The Good and Bad of Q3, Plus Hope for the Holidays. // Book Publishing Report;Dec2009, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p12
The article reports on the financial performance of the three big bookstores, Barnes & Noble Inc., Borders Group Inc. and Books-A-Million Inc., in the U.S. in the third quarter of 2009. Of the three companies, only Barnes & Noble experienced rise in revenue attributed to its Barnes & Noble...
- No Potter Run-Up Means No Growth for Big Three in Second Quarter. // Book Publishing Report;8/28/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 33, p1
The article reports that publishers Barnes & Noble Inc., Borders Group Inc. and Books-A-Million Inc. have reported sales decline for the second quarter of 2006. Barnes & Noble reported a 2.6 percent fall in comparable store sales, Borders noted a 5 percent drop and Books-A-Million marked a...
- News Briefs. // Publishers Weekly;5/24/2010, Vol. 257 Issue 21, p4
This section offers news briefs related to the publishing industry. Vector Group chairman Bennett LeBow has been appointed chairman of the Borders Group. Books-A-Million (BAM) reported a 1% decline in revenue and a 3.6% decline in same-store sales for the first quarter that ended May 1, 2010....
- Big Three Chains End Quarter, Year with Gains; Comparable Sales Up. // Book Publishing Report;3/27/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 12, p1
The article reports on the financial performance of book chains in the U.S. for the fiscal year 2005. Barnes &x0026; Noble Inc. considered as the largest bookstore in the country with branches in every state, reported an increase in sale by 1.7 percent and 5.1 increase in profit. Meanwhile,...
- Industry Stocks: July Performances. // Publishers Weekly;8/9/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 32, p109
Presents data on the publishing industry's stocks performance between June 30 and July 30, 2004. Books-A-Million; Educational Development Corp.; Barnes & Noble.
- Ringing Out the Year. // Publishers Weekly;1/17/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 3, p5
Provides statistics related to the financial performance of the three major bookstore chains in the U.S. as of December 2004. Increase in the holiday sales of Barnes & Noble Inc., Borders Group Inc. and Books-A-Million Inc.; Total sales of the Barnes & Noble company for the 2004 holiday season.