- Calendar Nov. 13-19. // Publishers Weekly;11/7/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 44, p22
This section provides information on several dates significant to the book industry. Moby-Dick was published on November 13, 1851 by Harper & Brothers. The novel's first mate, Starbuck, was supposedly the inspiration for the name of the chain. Meanwhile, James Patterson is on The Today Show on...
- The Studio Model: Should Publishing Follow Hollywood's Approach to the Creative Process? Lichtenberg, James // Publishing Research Quarterly;Fall99, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p46
Examines whether there are ways of organizing the creative processes in book publishing that would be effective in terms of the quality of the product. Problems that the studio model faces; Factor that determines the best approach to a market; Advantages of the use of book packagers to...
- SUBSCRIPTION-HUNTERS AND THEIR PREY. Lockwood, Thomas // Studies in the Literary Imagination;Spring2001, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p121
Offers advice on how to understand the practice of subscription publication. History of subscription publication; Importance of subscriber lists; Significance of subscription publication in the history of book production and readership.
- Bring back Pegasus. Hunt, David; Smith, Ken // Quill & Quire;Feb2003, Vol. 69 Issue 2, p13
Focuses on the book distribution in Canada. Evidences of crisis in the physical distribution; Problems related to book distribution; Disaggregation of the Canadian book industry; Several ways to create national wholesales dealer to serve all the publishers and retailers in Canada.
- Can Tolkien top Tolkien? Silverberg, David // Quill & Quire;Nov2002, Vol. 68 Issue 11, p14
Reports on the sale of books in Canada for the year 2002. Sale of audio-books and poster collections; Bookstore sales; Overview of book industry and trade; Publishers and publishing activities.
- Changes. // Quill & Quire;Jan2003, Vol. 69 Issue 1, p9
Cites developments concerning publishers and publishing in Canada as of January 2003. Inclusion of Richard Almonte's appointment as marketing coordinator and editor at Insomniac Press; Winners of the Edna Staebler Award for Creative Non-Fiction; Atlantic Publishers Marketing Association's...
- Q & Q AFTERWORDS. // Quill & Quire;Jan2003, Vol. 69 Issue 1, p37
Presents photographs relating to the Canadian book industry as of January 2003. Inclusion of former New York City Mayor Rudolph Giuliani's visit to an Indigo bookstore in Toronto to promote his book 'Leadership'; Highlights of the Canadian Children's Book Centre's fund raising dinner.
- In the Loop... // Book Publishing Report;05/01/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 18, p6
Presents a compendium of news items concerning the book publishing industry. Bookspan's launched of its book clubs targeted toward women; Suspense author Mary Higgins Clark's signing of a contract to write five books for Simon & Schuster; Xerox and Microsoft's partnership to launch a digital...
- In the Loop... // Book Publishing Report;6/26/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 25, p6
Reports on developments concerning book publishers in North America as of June 26, 2000.