Children's Political Books Riding Election-Year Wave
- Worrell to Head Scholastic Library Unit. // Publishers Weekly;6/16/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 24, p19
Reports on the resignation of Scholastic Library Publishing division President Joe Reynolds. Reason for the resignation; Appointment of Greg Worrell to the position.
- IN THE LOOP... // Book Publishing Report;3/11/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 10, p7
Reports the acquisition of Klutz Publishing by Scholastic Publishing in Palo Alto, California. Products specialized by Klutz; Revenues generated by Klutz in 2001; Integration of the company into the Children's Book Publishing and Distribution division of Scholastic.
- Pubs hope to cash in on magic. Bing, Jonathan // Daily Variety;6/25/2003, Vol. 279 Issue 56, p1
Reports on the benefits of publishers from the sales of Scholastic's 'Harry Potter and the Order of Phoenix. Restoration of a slumping book trade; Total sales of the book in the first 24 hours.
- Friedman Out At Scholastic. // Publishers Weekly;3/1/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 9, p17
Announces the resignation of Chief Financial Officer Phil Friedman at Scholastic Library Publishing Inc. His achievements; Other executives who left Scholastic in 2004; Management turnover at the Scholastic library unit.
- Scholastic. Rogers, Michael // Library Journal;11/15/2004 Reference 2005, Vol. 129, p56
This article profiles Scholastic Library Publishing. In August 2005, Scholastic unveiled an improved version of its Spanish-language encyclopedia, La Nueva Enciclopedia Cumbre, available through Grolier Online. It offers over 18,000 articles, plus news from Spanish-language sources appropriate...
- News Briefs. // Publishers Weekly;6/6/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 23, p6
Presents news briefs on the publishing industry in the U.S. as of June 2005. Information on the launch of Random House India; Appointment of Y. S. Chi as vice chairman of Elsevier; Personnel management plans of Scholastic Library Publishing.
- Licensing hotline. Raugust, Karen // Publishers Weekly;12/6/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 49, p31
Presents news on licensing agrements concerning the publishing industry as of December 6, 1999. Information on Simon & Schuster's licensed `Sun-Maid Raisin Play Book'; Licensing agreement signed by Scholastic Publishing with 2 Grrrls regarding the nonfiction books `What a Friend' and `Hello...
- The Challenges of Publishing for Children in French-Speaking Africa: The Example of CÃ´te d'Ivoire. Tadjo, Véronique // Sankofa;2005, Vol. 4, p18
Examines the challenges of publishing for children in French-speaking Africa. Background of Les Nouvelles Editions Ivoiriennes, the main publisher at CÃ´te d'Ivoire; Factor attributed to the crisis of a poor standard of education that has been plaguing the public school system in CÃ´te...
- Bodies corporate: The new face of children's publishing. Latrobe, Kathy; Schwartz-Porter, Carla // Emergency Librarian;Sep/Oct96, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p14
Discusses trends in children's publishing in various countries. Impact of the changing corporate world of children's publishing on the nature and quality of materials published; Increased associations across diverse types of media; Inability of authors to depend on long-term and nurturing...