AP, Simon & Schuster Settlement Raises Questions On "Fair Use"
- Debate Swirls Around Reversion Rights. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;5/21/2007, Vol. 254 Issue 21, p3
The article discusses issues surrounding the move by Simon & Schuster's (S&S) of changing its contracts to retain rights to a book even if the title remains only in electronic form. S&S has defended its action as one that is necessary if the company is to be able to exploit what it sees as a...
- Atria to Publish the Book on Cool. // Book Publishing Report;11/24/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 45, p5
Reports on Atria Books' plan to publish a book on what is cool. Topics to be discussed on the book; Target readers for the book.
- Resisting fate. Macskimming, Roy // Quill & Quire;Jan2003, Vol. 69 Issue 1, p11
Comments on the Canadian government's granting of permission for U.S. publishing company Simon and Schuster to acquire Distican. Rules about ownership in the Canadian book industry; Ownership policy's objective of strengthening an indigenous cultural industry; Call for Canadian Heritage...
- INTERNATIONAL NEWS. // Book Publishing Report;05/15/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 20, p8
Reports on developments concerning book publishers and publishing as of May 15, 2000. Key personnel changes at Penguin Group; Suzanne Baboneau's appointment as fiction publisher at Simon & Schuster in Great Britain.
- RH Puts New Cooking Title on Top of NYT Advice/Misc. List. // Book Publishing Report;11/13/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 44, p7
The article reports on developments related to the book industry and trade in the U.S. Random House has the top two titles on the hardcover side including "Barefoot Contessa at Home" and "Ageless." Simon & Schuster is paced by the No. 4 title on the hardcover list with Paula Deen's "Paula Deen...
- Simon & Schuster Bets On Three Kings Strategy For Fall. // Book Publishing Report;
Reports on Simon & Schuster Inc.'s plans to publish by fall 2004 three books by Stephen King. Initial printing; Target readers; Publication dates.
- Atria: After a Year, Finding a Real Identity. Baker, John F. // Publishers Weekly;5/19/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 20, p26
Deals with the first anniversary of Simon & Schuster imprint called Atria. Title of the first book published by Atria; Book categories being published by Atria; List of books to be released by Atria in fall 2003.
- Burkin to Join S& Sales Unit. // Publishers Weekly;8/11/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 32, p123
Reports on the appointment by Simon & Schuster of Michael Burkin as vice president and director of field sales and distribution client services. Background of Burkin.
- Simon & Schuster Revenues Down 8.6% During The Second Quarter. // Book Publishing Report;08/07/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 31, p4
Reports on publishing house Simon & Schuster's financial performance during the second quarter of 2000. Decline in the company's revenues; Restructuring costs related to the company's becoming a stand-alone publisher; Preparation to launch several big titles during the second half of the year.