My word is my bond -- but I've forgotten what I said!
- More Explaining Is Necessary For Consumers. Palenchar, Joseph // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;8/4/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 16, p36
Focuses on the process of porting a phone number from one carrier to another. Facility to make outgoing calls on their old phone, provided to consumers during the porting period; Diversion of incoming calls on the old phone to voice mail during porting process.
- The art of the wake-up call. Ricca, Stephanie // Hotel Management (21582122);Jul2012, Vol. 227 Issue 9, p34
The article reports on telephone providers offering different wake-up calls so that hotels using those phones can increase touch points with their guests.
- Get rid of your bad telephone habits. // Journal of General Management;Summer75, Vol. 2 Issue 4, p69A
Reports that business authorities have discovered that usually a business call should only take five to six minutes.
- Telephone calls for all. // New Scientist;2/3/2007, Vol. 193 Issue 2589, p14
The article presents an excerpt of an article from the February 7, 1957 issue of "The New Scientist" that discussed the ideal telephone service. The article discussed telephone calls between people in different area codes that do not require an operator. The phenomenon of not having to use an...
- Building Relationships, One Conversation at a Time. Settle-Murphy, Nancy // Technical Support Magazine;Oct2010, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p14
The article presents the authors' view on guidelines to create opportunities for business conversations designed to build relationships. It argues on the importance of having clear intentions both on the ultimate desired outcome and what are needed in each conversation. The authors suggest to...
- Call Duration. // Network Dictionary;2007, p83
Several definitions of the term "call duration" is presented. It refers to the time between the instant a connection is established between the call origination and the call receiver. Call duration also refers to the time the call originator or the call receiver terminates the call. Used in data...
- Hookflash. // Network Dictionary;2007, p230
A definition for "hookflash" is presented. A hookflash is a brief interruption in the loop current in loopstart trunks that the attached system does not interpret as a call disconnect. It is done by momentarily pressing down the cradle on a telephone. As soon as the PBX or PSTN senses the...
- Tired of telephone tag? Voice (message) your opinion. Lobue, Sam // Marketing News;11/7/1988, Vol. 22 Issue 23, p20
The article focuses on the use of voice message processing to make the telephone system more cost effective to organizations. Voice message processing is more convenient over computer mail because it is easier to speak a message than to type it. Voice message processing can be used for routine...
- Coin Collect Tone. // Network Dictionary;2007, p106
A definition of the term "Coin Collect Tone" is presented. It refers to an audible tone of telephone system over a coin recording-completing trunk which informs the originating toll operator that the local operator or coin control circuit has collected the charge. The tone is considered a steady...