Toyota comes top in John Lewis Review
- Just what's in a name? // Motor;Jan2006, p19
This article discusses what Toyota Motor Corp. will call its six-cylinder X-car, to be unveiled as the Avalon replacement at the Melbourne, Victoria, motor show in March 2006. The perspicacious Paul Ward Gover, editor-in-chief of the Melbourne Herald-Sun motoring pages, says the first choice...
- Japanese pick Car of the Year. // AutoWeek;12/07/98, Vol. 48 Issue 50, p9
Reports that Toyota Motor Corp.'s Altezza is the 1998 Japan Car of the Year.
- Fresh Perspective. Zoia, David E. // Ward's Auto World;Jun99, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p30
Introduces Echo compact automobile from Genesis group of Toyota company. Information on the automobile; Details on other small cars formed by the group; Features of the car.
- Toyota's go-anywhere mini 4x4. // Popular Mechanics;Mar96, Vol. 173 Issue 3, p16
Focuses on the Moguls, an all terrain vehicle developed by Toyota. Information on Moguls' technology; Use of hydraulic suspension.
- The 1% solution. Phelan, Mark // Automotive Industries;Sep98, Vol. 178 Issue 9, p10
Presents information on the introduction of the Toyota V-8 Tundra automobile, by Toyota Motor Corp. Where production of the Tundra is expected to be launched; Factors which influenced the development of the Tundra; Features of the pickup.
- Toyota raises hybrid standard with Prius. Rechtin, Mark // Automotive News;4/21/2003, Vol. 77 Issue 6034, p4
This article reports that Japan-based Toyota Motor Corp. has raised the ante in hybrid technology with a redesigned Prius that is larger, faster and greener than its predecessor but will be priced about the same. The 2004 Prius is a five-door liftback that has the interior space of a mid-sized...
- Making Progres. // Automotive News;6/1/1998, Vol. 71 Issue 5769, p6
Reports that information was released on the Toyota Motor Corporation's Progres automobile. Features of the small luxury sedan; Cost of the automobile.
- Shortages crimp sales of Cavalier in Japan. Treece, James B. // Automotive News;5/13/1996, Vol. 70 Issue 5659, p16
Reports that Toyota Motor Corporation would no longer be selling all of the Cavaliers built by General Motors as previously planned. Reason for decision; Remarks by Toyota's president Hiroshi Okuda; When Cavalier went on sale in Japan; Setback caused by United Automobile Workers' (AUW) strike.
- 1999 Toyota Sienna. // Motor Age;Apr2000, Vol. 119 Issue 4, p73
Evaluates the 1999 Toyota Sienna, a minivan developed by Toyota Motor Corp. Specifications of 1MZ-FE engine; Details on electrical system and automobile capacities; List of automobile lubricants and maintenance requirements; Information on technical operation of the automobile.