Finance Act adds new burden to companies' reporting requirements
- THE ROAD LESS TRAVELLED. Rowan, Kimberley // Accountancy Ireland;Dec2014, Vol. 46 Issue 6, p64
A summary is presented of the key measures in the 2014 Finance Bill in Ireland including income tax, corporate tax and anti-avoidance measures.
- Base blow for multinationals. Casey, Anne // Finance Week;11/10/2000, p42
Comments on a proposed legislation in South Africa that taxes the net income earned by offshore entities by expanding the existing passive income rules. Potential increased tax costs for multinational firms; Commencement date of the proposed residence-based taxation system.
- 'Special benefit' charge modified. Greene, Chris; Maddalena, Christina // Accountancy;Jan1992, Vol. 109 Issue 1181, p42
Focuses on a proposal to introduce a provision in the Finance Bill 1992 in Great Britain. Goal of amending a legislation that imposes an income tax charge on 'special benefits' received by some individuals; Ownership of shares which a director or employee acquired.
- Don't unwittingly 'de-group'. Hunter, Nicola // Finweek;3/18/2010, p60
The article looks at the Income Tax Act, which allows the tax-neutral transfer of assets within the same group of companies, and warns companies that a so-called de-grouping charge may apply if the law's specifics are not followed.
- Bill seeks income tax to fund schools. Dodosh, Mark // Crain's Cleveland Business;08/21/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 35, p1
Focuses on the efforts of three conservative Republican state legislators to end the heavy reliance of Ohio's public school districts on property tax dollars by substituting a large portion of the fund with income tax dollars. Terms of the bill; Rationale behind the move; Impetus for the move.
- UOMI compounding amendment implementation. Jamieson, Aylton // Chartered Accountants Journal;Jun99, Vol. 78 Issue 5, p44
Details legislative changes in the computation of the use of money interest (UOMI). Computation of the interest charged on underpaid provisional tax installments for the income year 1998-99; Compounding of UOMI for the 1997-98 income year; Issuance of notices of proposed adjustment; Application...
- Expanding the Scope of Delivery under Public Law No. 86-272. Peric, Gary; Cesarett, Jonathan M. // Tax Executive;Sep/Oct2011, Vol. 63 Issue 5, p335
The article discusses the expanded scope of the Interstate Income Tax Act of 1959, commonly referred to as Public Law No. 86-272. It states that the certain multistate businesses were able to rely on the protection provided by the law to avoid filing net income tax returns since 1959. It...
- Tax Act changes aimed at large corporations. // CMA Magazine;Jun91, Vol. 65 Issue 5, p5
Reports on Canadian Minister of Finance Michael Wilson's introduction of proposed changes to the country's Income Tax Act that will establish a new penalty for large corporations that fail to file a tax return on time. Details of the changes proposed by Wilson.
- Spain: revamp of personal and corporate taxation. Plaza, Joaquin Velasco; Field, Bill; Jeffcote, Bernard // Accountancy;Aug1991, Vol. 108 Issue 1176, p47
Reports on changes in personal and corporate taxation laws in Spain starting 1991. Administration of taxes for non-residents; Calculation of capital gains tax; Valuation of income.