FSA Appeals Lower Court Rulings Rejecting Claims Against Stephens
- FSA: Stephens Case Could Adversely Impact Muni Insurers. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;2/1/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32061, p5
The article reports that warning that the outcome of the case will impact the bond insurance industry overall. Financial Security Assurance (FSA) Inc. has asked a federal appeals court to overturn a lower court's dismissal of the securities fraud and other charges it filed against underwriter...
- Louisiana Flaunts Double Upgrade With $290 Million Sale. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;5/1/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31626, p38
Louisiana will come to the bond market with 290 million dollars of general obligation bonds in late May 1, 2003 its once-troubled credit supported by improved ratings that should reduce borrowing costs. The bonds will be sold competitively on May 15 via i-Deal's Parity electronic bidding system....
- Southeast Invisible Supply. // Bond Buyer;7/28/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32184, p32
Lists bonds for issuance in southeast United States. Issuer; Value; Underwriter; Expected sale date.
- Dealers Protest FSA Ruling Before Court. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;6/23/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32409, p1
The article reports on the complaint of two dealer groups and an underwriter against a federal ruling in the U.S. that Financial Security Insurance Inc. can sue Stephens Inc. under the securities fraud laws. In a petition for rehearing, the complainants claimed that the ruling is unprecedented...
- Now Positive, Michigan Airport Agency Readies Refunding. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/18/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31991, p7
Reports that the Wayne County, Michigan Airport Authority plans to bring refunding to the bond market. Authority's return to the market to complete a swap that it agreed to as part of a larger bond issued in 2003; Bond insurer; Bond rating.
- Primary Prepares For $7B. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;2/22/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33269, p1
The article reports on the steady retail demand in the primary bond market in the U.S. It indicates that the steady retail demand is due to new issues dictated by the pricing and structure of several bond market deals. Moreover, it states that new issuances are expected to reach 6.95 billion...
- NORTHEAST INVISIBLE SUPPLY. // Bond Buyer;8/9/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31943, p32
Presents summary data on bonds in Northeastern United States as of August 9, 2004. Issuer and purpose; Amount; Approval status; Underwriter choice; Expected sale date.
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;1/3/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32041, p32
The article presents statistics related to the condition of bond market in the U.S., as of December 30, 2004. The 30-Day Visible Supply reflects the total dollar volume of bonds to be offered at competitive bidding and through negotiation over the next 30 days. It includes issues scheduled for...
- Competition, Demand Boost Insurance Penetration to New High. Meyers, Maxwell // Bond Buyer;8/8/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32191, p8A
Reports on the increase in the number of municipal bonds that are being insured in the U.S. Role of competition among guarantors, favorable credit conditions, and investor demand, in propelling insurance in the bond market; Sectors that showed the increase in insurance penetration; Contribution...