Wording Conflict at Issue in Expressway Authority's Suit Against SunTrust
- Washington Office Bonds Illegal, Judge Rules; Buyers Find Hope. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;2/28/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31583, p1
Reports on the decision of an Island County, Washington Superior Court judge to declare the sale of $20 million bonds issued in October 2000 for an office park as illegal. Impact of the decision on investors; Agency that sold bonds; Investors' opinion about the decision.
- Group's Petition Aims to Stop Reno's Track Project. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;5/8/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31382, p5
Reports the lawsuits filed by the Citizens for a Public Train Trench Vote against the state in Reno, Nevada. Opposition on the bond sale for track project; Disruption of train traffic; Plan of filing for declaratory injunction.
- Florida Water Services Hires Law Firm in Dispute Over Utilities' Purchase. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;11/4/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31505, p39
Reports that the Florida Water Services Authority has hired a law firm to defend its proposed purchase of various privately held water and waste water systems around Florida. Amount of tax-exempt revenue bonds sanctioned by the authority to purchase the system owned by the Florida Water...
- Legal Threat to Oregon's Lottery-Backed Bonds Disappears. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;4/2/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31356, p36
Reports on the dismissal of the lawsuit filed by anti-gambling group against lottery-backed bonds in Oregon. Allegations of the group called Oregonians for Gambling Awareness against the 1984 initiative that created the lottery; Reason for the dismissal of the case; Ratings of the bonds.
- Suit Kills Virginia County Agency's Refunding, Though It May Return. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;7/1/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31419, p1
Reports the lawsuits filed by residents and taxpayers against the planned refunding of agencies in Loudoun County, Virginia. Cancellation on the lease-revenue bond deal; Details on the initiation of the suit; Rejection on the general obligation bond issue for the government center.
- LAW CASE REVIEW. Keenan, Denis // Accountancy;Sep86, Vol. 98 Issue 1117, p52
Presents review of various law cases in Great Britain as of September 1986. Decision of the High Court regarding the disclosure of debt amount by the debenture holders; Lawsuit regarding the applicability of the principle of caveat emptor; Grant of relief under Part XVII of the Companies Act...
- Constitutional Issues. // Assessment Journal;Jan/Feb99, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p64
Focuses on court cases dealing with constitutional issues in taxation. Case of Evans & Sutherland Computer Corp. versus Utah State Tax Commission on valuation of buildings; Case of Robert D. Holloway, Inc. versus Pine Ridge Addition Residential Property Owners on tax levy issue; Case of Walsh...
- Suit May Halt Oklahoma Garvee Sale. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;7/29/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31437, p1
Reports the impact of a federal lawsuit for grant anticipation revenue mechanism on the finance of highway projects in Oklahoma. Verdict of the U.S. District Court on the petition of the plaintiff; Challenge on the constitutionality of a financing mechanism; Effect of the method of financing to...
- Florida OKs $250M for Elevated Road Repair. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;5/5/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32126, p36
The article reports that the Florida cabinet on approved the sale of up to $250 million of revenue bonds. This is done so that the Tampa-Hillsborough County Expressway Authority can repair and complete a mile-long reversible lane project. About a year ago, the authority discovered a design...