Senate Appropriations Panel Boosts HUD Budget by $700 Million
- House OKs HUD funding measure. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;10/15/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30748, p7
Reports on the United States House of Representatives' approval of legislation that would provide $27.4 billion to the Department of Housing & Urban Development for fiscal year 2000.
- House passes transportation funding HUD bill ok'd despite veto threat. Kinnander, Ola; Daniel, Meisler // Bond Buyer;07/31/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30447, p4
Reports on the United States House's approval of fiscal 1999 spending bills for transportation, housing and other agencies on July 29, 1998. Terms of the transportation appropriations bill; Terms of the appropriations bill for funding the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD);...
- HUD pitches budget request. Meisler, Daniel // Bond Buyer;03/05/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30592, p4
Reports on the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development's request for budget expansion. Plans of the department in using its budget; General Accounting Office's evaluation of the department's capability to take on new projects.
- HUD Secretary envisions continued federal role in housing. Meisler, Daniel // Bond Buyer;03/11/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30596, p5
Focuses on the testimony of United States Housing and Urban Development secretary Andrew Cuomo on the increased budget request of the department for housing projects. Potential impact of budget caps and supplemental spending bill on the department's budget; Questions on how the department...
- Clinton unveils HUD budget, boosting section 8 vouchers. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;02/08/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30824, p5
Reports on United States President Bill Clinton's proposed allocations for the US Department of Housing and Urban Development under the proposed fiscal 2001 budget. Increase in Section Eight housing subsidy vouchers; Increase in the cap on Low-Income Housing Tax Credit.
- House to Vote on HUD Budget Bill. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;06/22/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30918, p2
Reports on the United States House of Representatives' consideration of a Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) budget package. Inclusion of funding for Section 8 housing vouchers; Amount allocated for the clean water state revolving fund program in the fiscal year beginning October...
- HUD calls new budget the best in a decade. Meisler, Daniel // Bond Buyer;10/23/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30506, p2
Reports that US President Bill Clinton has signed the 1999 budget bill of the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). Total amount; Reaction of housing advocates to the bill; Allocation of the budget; Inclusion of a provision on the reform of the public housing system in the bill.
- Mikulski, Bond Criticize HUD Budget Cuts. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;06/15/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31161, p4
Reports on the criticisms laid by Senators Barbara Mikulski and Christopher Bond against United States President George W. Bush's proposed multi-billion dollar budget for the Department of Housing and Urban Development for 2002. Deprivation of funding to vital programs; Probable deviation of...
- Indian group unhappy with HUD budget. Brockman, Joshua // American Banker;3/4/1999, Vol. 164 Issue 42, p14
Reports that the National American Indian Housing Council is questioning the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development's budget for fiscal 2000. Focus on the absence of funding earmarked for Native American housing.