Citing a Stronger Economy, S&P Revises New York's Outlook
- S&P Lifts Nassau County, NX, to A-Flus Before $300M of Deals. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;6/11/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32897, p4
The article reports that Standard & Poor's Corp. has upgraded the credit rating of Nassau County, New York a single notch to A-plus from A as of June 10, 2008. The upgrade is due to the strong management of the county budget, the strong financial policies that it adopted since the financial...
- S&P Drops $2.9 Billion of Miami Airport Bonds to Negative. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;9/27/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32226, p40
Reports on the factors contributing rating given by Standard & Poor's Corp. to Miami International Airport's capital improvement program in Bradenton, Florida. Purpose of the rating given to revise its outlook to negative from stable of outstanding aviation revenue bonds; Resignation of former...
- Latest Budget Bill's Shortcomings Cost Tennessee Its Triple-A. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;07/05/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30925, p3
Focuses on the decreased bond rating in Tennessee by Standard & Poor's Corp. blamed on the state lawmakers' failure to pass a budget bill. Expectations of higher interest costs; Need for the state government to consider insuring future issues.
- California On S&P's Credit Watch. Williams, Rochelle; Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;7/03/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31670, p1
Reports that U.S.-based ratings agency Standard & Poor's Corp. has placed California's general obligation bonds on its CreditWatch list with negative implications. Estimated budget deficit for the fiscal year 2003; Tradings account of state's general obligation bonds; Bond ratings assigned by...
- Standard & Poor's Upgrades Eau Claire, Wis., Water Bonds. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;9/10/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31716, p36
Reports on the upgrade of rating on revenue bonds of Eau Claire, Wisconsin, by standard & Poor's Corp. as of September 10, 2003.
- Standard & Poor's Eases GIC Policy For AAA Structured Housing Deals. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;4/29/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31375, p3
Reports the changes in the rating policy on triple-A rated, structured single-and multifamily housing deals for bond issuers by the Standard & Poor's Corp. in the U.S. Modification of the multifamily housing deals; Advancement of the modification to Federal Housing Administration whole-loan...
- Fitch, S&P Upgrade Pontiac, Mich., Ahead of Water and Sewer Offerings. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;5/20/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31390, p32
Reports the decision of Standard & Poor's Corp. to increase the rating of Pontiac water and sewer bonds in Detroit, Michigan. Changes in the ordinance governing the sewer and water rate increases; Improvements in debt services; Need to develop water and sewer systems.
- Peru Launches US$500mn Bond. // Emerging Markets Monitor;2/3/2003, Vol. 8 Issue 40, p11
Reports that Peru successfully launched US$500mn in 12-year global bonds. Reason for the decision of rating agency Standard & Poor's to affirm the nation's BB-credit rating; Status of the administration's 2003 privatisation program.
- S&P will indicate derivatives risk in its bond ratings. Tomasula, Dean // American Banker;7/1/1994, Vol. 159 Issue 126, p24
Reports on Standard & Poor's Corp.'s plan to introduce the use of an R symbol with its bond ratings. Efforts to allay investor concerns about derivatives; Indication of market or derivative risk significance; Explanation from Standard & Poor's Ratings Group president Leo O'Neill concerning...