MARKET SNAPSHOT: Tuesday, September 21
- June Housing Starts, Permits Decline. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;7/21/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31930, p2
Reports on the volume of housing starts and building permits in the U.S. in June 2004. Decline in home construction activity; Comparison with previous periods.
- A Rise in Starts Sign of Strength For Home Market. // American Banker;10/20/2005, Vol. 170 Issue 202, p13
Reports that an unexpected increase in U.S. housing starts last month suggests demand is holding even though borrowed costs are on the rise. Rise in the number of building permits; Impact of job growth and low rates for 30-year fixed-rate mortgages on builder demand; Suggestion from economists...
- Housing Starts In August Dropped To a 12-Year Low. // American Banker;9/20/2007, Vol. 172 Issue 182, p9
This article reports on the findings of the U.S. Commerce Department that said housing starts in August 2007 fell to a 12-year low. Building permits were down 5.9 percent and the overall decrease was 2.6 percent. It is feared the housing slump may deepen and the Federal Reserve dropped interest...
- Housing to remain strong, economists predict. // Fairfield County Business Journal;4/5/2004, Vol. 43 Issue 14, p23
Reports on U.S. economists' prediction that housing will continue to perform well during 2004 and beyond. Concerns over a housing price bubble due to rapidly rising housing prices around the U.S.; Highlights of a teleconference held by the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB); Positive...
- BUSINESS BAROMETER. // Home Channel News;5/24/2004, Vol. 30 Issue 10, p30
Presents figures on economic indicators in the United States, compiled as of May 24, 2004. Quarterly housing starts forecast; Prediction that rising mortgage rates will flatten housing starts; Impact of interest rates on housing starts.
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;9/2/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31961, p29
Presents charts depicting market indicators of bonds in the bond market in the U.S.
- FEDERAL FINANCE. // Economic Indicators;May2003, Vol. 108 Issue 5, p32
Presents graphical representations of federal finance in the U.S. in 2003. Deficit in federal receipts, outlays and debt in the first seven months of fiscal 2003; State of federal receipts by source and outlays by function; Rise in federal current receipts.
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Tuesday, August 16. // Bond Buyer;8/17/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32918, p2
Presents charts depicting economic indicators including government securities prices in the U.S.
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Tuesday, November 1. // Bond Buyer;11/2/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32251, p2
Presents a chart depicting economic indicators including municipal bond index in the U.S.