Municipals Edge Higher Following Policy Announcement Front Fed
- Muni Prices Weaken Ahead of Next Week's $5.1B Calendar. Barnett, Chip // Bond Buyer;10/26/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34399, p1
Prices of top-rated municipal bond prices finished weaker on Friday, traders said, with yields from one to three basis points stronger.
- Muni Market Heading Into 'Comfortable' $9.1B Week. Barnett, Chip; Weitzman, Aaron // Bond Buyer;10/31/2016, Vol. 1 Issue 34603, p1
Muni issuance is set for a return to a more comfortable level after two of the biggest weeks of the year.
- Muni Prices Flat as Yellen Speaks, Supply Hits. Barnett, Chip; Weitzman, Aaron // Bond Buyer;11/5/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34406, p1
Prices of top-rated municipal bonds were steady at mid-session, traders said, as a second wave of new issuance washed over the market on Wednesday.
- Market Awaits Last of Week's New Deals. Barnett, Chip; Weitzman, Aaron // Bond Buyer;8/28/2015, Vol. 1 Issue F333, p1
The municipal bond market is looking to snap up the last of the week's new issues on Thursday as traders carefully eye the direction of muni yields.
- Municipals Firm in Late Trading; Merrill Wins $836M of Penn. GOs. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;5/21/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31640, p2
The U.S. municipal bond market firmed in late trading on May 20, 2003, reflecting strength in Treasuries, while in the competitive sector of the new-issue market financial services provider Merrill Lynch& Co. won 836 million dollars of Pennsylvania general obligation bonds. Treasuries spiked in...
- Munis Ease as Treasury Losses Bring Out Arbitrage Sellers. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;1/20/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32302, p2
The article reports on developments in the municipal bonds market in the U.S. Traders confirmed that municipal bond yields increased by one and three basis points. Large sellers prevailed in the market which discouraged buyers. The heavy selling was due to the supply and demand imbalances in the...
- MONDAY'S YIELDS. // Bond Buyer;3/7/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32333, p1
The article provides updates on the municipal bond market activity for March 6, 2006 in the U.S. It cites the government securities prices and the municipal bond index. Treasuries were plunging through the technical support levels in the fourth day of a sell-off and dealers refuse to give up...
- Munis Soften as Bid-Ask Spreads Widen. Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;3/7/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32333, p2
The article focuses on the municipal bond market activity for March 6, 2006 in the U.S. According to traders, yields exempted from tax had increased by three basis points as prices declined. It was observed that Treasuries continued its decline for the fourth day and showed little reaction to a...
- Bond Buyer Indexes Mixed; 1-Year Note at 3.47%. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;3/17/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32341, p28
The article reports on the trend in government bond trading in the U.S. from March 13-17, 2006. According to Thornburg Investment Management managing editor George Strickland, the municipal market is following the lead of the Treasury market and people are paying big numbers. Other indexes are...