NEWS IN BRIEF
- STOCKS FAIL TO RALLY AFTER FED RATE CUT. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);12/17/2007, Vol. 24 Issue 51, p32
The article reports on the poor performance of the U.S. stock market following the December 2007 federal fund rate cut by the Federal Reserve, as well as on the prospects of the U.S. economy. Investors could have feared the prospects of high inflation rate following the rate cut. The economy is...
- Welfare assistance increases 28 percent in 2007. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);2/4/2008, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p21
The article offers economic news briefs in the U.S. as of February 2008. It notes the decline of the Consumer Confidence Index (CCI) after a larger share of consumers remained uncertain about business and employment conditions in the short-term. The Nevada Welfare Division cited an increase in...
- Visible Supply by State. // Bond Buyer;11/26/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31770, p51
Presents a chart depicting the bond issuance in the U.S. as of November 26, 2003.
- Midwest: Plain/Insured GO Yield Curves for Nov. 21, 2002. // Bond Buyer;11/26/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31770, p51
Presents a chart depicting the bond yield curves in the U.S. for November 21, 2002.
- The Week in Review. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);7/1/2002, Vol. 22 Issue 54, p18
Presents news briefs in the U.S. as of July 2002. Construction and refurbishment of deepwater cutters and patrol boats of the U.S. Coast Guard; Profit of McDermott International Inc. for the second quarter of 2002; Unemployment rate in New Orleans, Louisiana as of May 2002; Economic growth of...
- "It's going to be a big nasty.". Albrecht, Thom // Traffic World;12/1/2008, Vol. 272 Issue 48, p8
The article offers news briefs related to logistics in the U.S. A rule is set to take effect in January 2009 on carriers and shippers who will be required to provide staff to supervise dangerous shipments. It notes that the global economic downturn has not affected the sales of transportation...
- FOMC Hikes Funds Rate 25 Bps to 1.50%. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;8/11/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31945, p2
Reports on the move of policymakers at the U.S. Federal Reserve Board to raise the federal funds. Identification of the upside and downside risks to the attainment of sustainable growth and price stability; Speculation for further rate increases; Plan of the Federal Open Market Committee to...
- The Fed Makes Its Move. Steidtmann, Carl // Retail Merchandiser;Aug2004, Vol. 44 Issue 8, p34
Announces that the U.S. Federal Reserve raised the federal funds rate in June 2004. Implication of a wide gap between short- and long-term interest rates; Effect of the rising inflation on retailers, suppliers and food and drug stores; Impact of high interest rates on housing and automobile sales.
- Federal Funds Rate Raised 25 bps to 4%. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;11/2/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32251, p2
Reports on the move of the U.S. Federal Reserve Board to raise the federal funds target rate. Claim of the board that elevated energy prices and hurricane-related disruptions to the economy have temporarily depressed output and employment; Assurance of the board that there is robust...