Virginia DOT Considering Extensive Transportation Project
- Pocahontas Parkway Evokesâ€”and Makesâ€”a Bit of History. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;5/6/2002, Vol. 248 Issue 17, p47
Reports the construction of the route 895 project by the Department of Transportation in Virginia. Completion of the crucial capacity connector; Navigation of utility work; Estimation on the budget of the project.
- DOT Sets New Plan In Motion. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;1/11/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32296, p1
The article reports on the U.S. Department of Transportation's (DOT) plan which will allow private firms to use bonds for road finance. Private firms can use up to $15 billion in tax-exempt private-activity bonds to help finance the construction of highway and certain freight transportation...
- VDOT Releases 3 Finn's Preliminary Proposals to Build, Run Toll Road. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;10/10/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32483, p4
The article provides updates on the 55-mile toll road project between the Richmond area and the Tidewater region of Virginia. The Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) released the preliminary proposals submitted by engineering and toll-operating firms to build and finance the project....
- Springfield Mixing Bowl Tosses Up A Medley of Challenges. Cho, Aileen // ENR: Engineering News-Record;5/6/2002, Vol. 248 Issue 17, p46
Reports the road construction projects of the Department of Transportation in Springfield, Virginia. Cost of the project; Adjustment on the rates of inflation; Assessment of the Interstate highway design.
- Time to confront high cost of building our highways. Barkey, Patrick // Indianapolis Business Journal;7/3/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 17, p22A
The article discusses issues related to the financing of road construction projects in the Indiana under the Major Moves initiative. The initiative was launched because the state's system of financing transportation structure is broken. However, the author believes that the Major Moves' proposed...
- West Virginia DOT Celebrates Opening of Road Extension Project to Cut Congestion. // AASHTO Journal: Weekly Transportation Report;9/13/2013, p5
The article reports on the completion and the opening of the roadway extension project in Martinsburg, West Virginia, which, according to officials of the West Virginia's Department of Transportation, will alleviate congestion and improve traffic flow through downtown.
- THIS MEANS EVERYBODY. McDowell, Robert J. // Roads & Bridges;Feb2004, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p52
Presents information on Virginia's Public Private Transportation Act (PPTA) of 1997. Responsibilities of the Virginia Department of Transportation; Role of the act in keeping the highway projects moving ahead; System under the PPTA approach. INSET: Tolls provide equitable solution to project...
- DOT Needs Money to Continue Road Projects. CARDOSI, MANDI // State Journal (WV);1/10/2014, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p8
The article reports on the need for more funds of the West Virginia Department of Transportation (DOT) to construct new roadways in the state.
- VDOT Seeks Private Partner to Build New Highway. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;2/16/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32321, p44
The article reports that Virginia Department of Transportation is seeking public-private partnership proposals to build a new four-lane divided highway between Petersburg and Suffolk. The new U.S. Route 460 project has been announced that it could be financed through the sale of tax-exempt...