House OKs Transportation, Treasury Budgets, Minus Some Funds
- Budget Bill Approved. J. H. // Education Week;10/9/1985, Vol. 5 Issue 6, p6
The article focuses on the decision of the House of Representatives to approve the multibillion-dollar budget for the Education Department in the U.S. The budget level is recommended by the Appropriations Committee. The Committee was to clear a fiscal 1986 department-spending bill with levels...
- Stage II.--The Ratification of the Budget (a) In the House of Representatives. Sheild, Marcellus // Congressional Digest;Nov22, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p45
Describes the ratification of the budget in the House of Representatives in the United States. Jurisdiction of the Committee on Appropriations to report bills making appropriations for the support of the government; Organization of the Committee; Subdivisions of the membership of the whole...
- At Budget Impasse, House Crafts Stopgap Measures. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;11/18/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32262, p5
Reports that the U.S. House has approved stopgap legislation that would fund government agencies and programs. Provisions of the temporary bill; Citation of needed work for the bill to be fully approved.
- Jeff Flake Continues His Earmark Battle. Andersen, Ericka // Human Events;4/7/2008, Vol. 64 Issue 12, p11
The article reports on Representative Jeff Flake of Arizona, leading an effort to control earmarks and pork-barrel spending. It states that Flake re-focused his efforts on earmark reform in many different budget issues after losing a run for a seat on the U.S. House Appropriations Committee in...
- House Close to Passing Spending Package Including $1.1B for SRFs. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;6/28/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32660, p3
The article reports on the intent of the members of House to vote for the passing of the $27.6 billion fiscal 2008 spending bill in the U.S. The said bill will cover appropriations of $1.1 billion for the clean-water state revolving loan fund, where $842 million is intended for the drinking...
- House Passes Supplemental. // Army Magazine;May2006, Vol. 56 Issue 5, p6
The article reports that the U.S. House of Representatives has passed the 91.9 billion dollar fiscal 2006 supplemental spending measure on March 16, 2006. The bill would provide financial assistance for ongoing military operations in Iraq and Afghanistan, for foreign aid, and for hurricane...
- SYMPOSIUM INTRODUCTION. Kelly, Janet M. // Journal of Public Budgeting, Accounting & Financial Management;Summer2003, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p203
Introduces a series of articles which deals with public budgeting in the U.S.
- LONG-RUN AND SHORT-RUN BUDGETING: EMPIRICAL EVIDENCE FOR CANADA, UK, AND USA. Reddick, Christopher G.; Hassan, Seid Y. // Journal of Public Budgeting, Accounting & Financial Management;Fall2003, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p354
This paper tests public budgeting as a long-run and short-run process; political decision makers strive to head toward budgetary balance over the long run but are constrained in the short run and follow incremental decision-making. First, the budget equilibrium theory is stated and is used to...
- Just getting started. Zwilling, James // Inside Tucson Business;4/26/2004, Vol. 13 Issue 43, p1
Focuses on the proposed budget for the city of Tucson, Arizona. Objectives under the budget; Criticisms made against the proposed budget by Tucson City Council members; Measures taken for proper budget management.