Delaware Projections Down, But Surplus Still Flowing In
- Strong Q2 For State Tax Revenue. // Electronic Education Report;1/14/2005, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p1
The article presents some facts suggesting that second quarter (Q2) of 2004 was good for Connecticut tax revenue. During this period, state tax revenue grew 8.6%, compared to Q2 2003. This was the fourth straight quarter of real adjusted growth after nine straight quarters of decline....
- Economic downturn fosters fiscal restraint. Feigenbaum, Ed // Indianapolis Business Journal;2/5/2001, Vol. 21 Issue 48, p14A
Reports on the tax revenue condition and financial performance of the state medicaid in Indiana. Impact of tax cuts on the labor market and automotive industry; Factors affecting the economic stability of the area; Criticisms on economic forecasting and public policy.
- IOWA: Revenues Revised Upward. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;4/9/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32853, p9
The article reports that the three-member Revenue Estimating Conference in Iowa revised estimates upward for fiscal 2008 and 2009. The group revised the estimates for the current $6.4 billion fiscal 2008 budget that runs through June 30 by nearly $80 million. The expected growth rate is 7.4%,...
- Concern about economic realities. Mohr, Dave // Finweek;2/19/2009 Focus on Budget 2009, p11
The article offers insight pertaining to the 2009 financial forecast of Finance Minister Trevor Manuel in South Africa. It is claimed that there are certain concerns in the full economic realities which have not been taken into account in the budget plan presented by Manuel. As for the State...
- The governor's overly optimistic California budget. Lockhart, Lee // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;1/18/2002, Issue 322879, p30
Focuses on the state budget proposal of the governor of California. Recommendations for spending reductions; Estimates on the increase of state tax revenues; Delay of certain financial transactions.
- Pay up or else. Foreman, Tony; Lazda, Angela // Accountancy;Oct95, Vol. 116 Issue 1226, p120
Presents a warning to employers in Great Britain about the increasing use of a PAYE regulation that allows the collector to estimate the tax due from an employer and to enforce payment of the estimated amount.
- HAWAII: Revenue Forecast Goes South. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;6/6/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32894, p9
The article reports that the independent committee that generates revenue forecasts for Hawaii's state government has dialed back its projects. The Council on Revenues predicted that the state's tax revenues for the current fiscal year are expected to come in 3.3% ahead of the previous fiscal...
- Maryland Officials Predict $150M Revenue Bonus, Easing Fiscal 2005 Budget. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;5/20/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31888, p3
Reports on the estimation of finance officials on the revenue of the state of Maryland for fiscal 2004. Factors influencing the increase in revenue estimation; Possible change of pattern on collections of finances; Effect of the absence of two revenue-generating measures on the state's financial...
- Maryland Board: FY '05 Revenues Will Beat Estimate by $31 Million. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;3/12/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31840, p30
Reports on the general fund revenue projections of the Maryland Board of Revenue Estimates for fiscal year 2005. Increase in revenue projected by the board; Budget deficit faced by the state in fiscal 2005; Increase in sales and use tax revenues.