Treasury Market Rally, Arb Demand Help Drive Up Tax-Exempt Prices
- BACK TO BONDS? Stern, Linda // Newsweek;6/5/2006, Vol. 147 Issue 23, p64
The article presents some financial advice about bond investments. The author covers topics on municipal bonds, floating-rate bonds, diversified bond funds, and when to buy bonds. The author discusses bonds in light of the recent rise in interest rates. A website that discusses bond...
- Water Groups Optimistic on WIFI A Fix. CROW, PATRICK // WaterWorld;Sep2015, Vol. 31 Issue 9, p8
The article reports that water groups are optimistic about the 49% federal funding limitation getting reversed in the case of the Water Infrastructure Finance and Innovation Authority (WIFIA) federal loan program. The groups warned that requiring WIFIA loan recipients to arrange 51 percent of...
- Munis, Treasuries Sell Off on Strong Data. Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;5/2/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32372, p2
The article reports on the performance of municipal and Treasury bonds in the U.S. The country's economic condition has influenced the increase in trading for these bonds. Traders claimed that the tax-exempt yields increased by three basis point. Investors expect a greater probability of...
- Municipals Fall Along With Treasuries After Fed Hints at Hike in Funds Rate. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;1/29/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31810, p2
Reports on the decline of municipal bonds along with Treasuries which plunged when Federal Reserve policy makers hinted the increase in the federal funds in the U.S. Commitment of the Federal Open Market Committee to hold interest rates low; Comments from Ken Kim, economist from Stone &...
- Munis Unchanged, Just Like Federal Funds Rate. Scarchilli, Michael; Campbell, Dakin // Bond Buyer;8/8/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32687, p2
The article reports on the economic activity of the municipal market bonds in the U.S. It was stated that the municipal market remains unchanged as federal funds rate remains at 5.2 percent and $1.7 billion of general obligation bonds. Moreover, the Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC) said that...
- Municipals, Treasuries Stumble On Robust Non-Farm Payrolls Report. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;11/8/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32006, p2
Reports on trading in the U.S. municipal bond market on November 5, 2004. Decline in activity following the release of October non-farm payroll data raising the odds of a federal funds rate hike; Offerings in the tax-exempt sector; Adjustments in bond prices; Major deals during the day.
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;3/22/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31846, p36
Presents charts and graphs on the U.S. municipal bond markets for the week of March 22, 2004. Market indicators, such as municipal bond indexes; Tax-exempt yields; U.S. securities prices; Municipal market data general obligation yields; Reoffering yields; Bond prices.
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;4/26/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31870, p40
Presents charts and a graph on the performance of the U.S. municipal bond market as of April 26, 2004. Market indicators; Short-term tax-exempt yields; U.S. securities prices; Municipal market data; General obligation bond prices; Municipal bond index; Municipal market yields.
- Muni Bond Funds Dropped $3B in Net New Cash Flow in June. Posner, Matthew // Bond Buyer;8/1/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32682, p6
The article reports that the tax-exempt bond funds dropped $3 billion in net new cash flow as of June 2007 in the U.S., based on the data released by the Investment Co. Institute. The decrease in inflows is the result of a slide in bond prices in the first half of the month that resulted in...