Benton Co., Wash., PUD Outlook Raised
- Utilities 'thwarting regeneration' // Building Design;7/5/2002, Issue 1540, p4
Focuses on a report which revealed that British utility companies are generating profit from regeneration projects and delaying their progress as of July 2002. Factors that hinder such projects; Reason for condemning the utilities by the report.
- Restructuring Won't Hurt Utility Debt, Stockton Says. Jensen, Randall // Bond Buyer;3/12/2012, Vol. 379 Issue 33677, p1
The article reports on the statement by the officials in Stockton, California regarding the restructuring of the general fund debts. According to Stockton officials, the restructuring will not damage the bonds tied to utility revenues, wherein the city has the money to cover the debt service for...
- The Leicester model. Garrett, Paul // Utility Week;1/16/2004, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p14
Provides information on the decision of the municipality of Leicester, England to provide utility services, including energy, telecommunications and water.
- CALENDAR. // Utility Week;9/6/2013, p28
A calendar of events concerning public utilities in Great Britain for September-October 2013 is presented, including Sustainable Water 2013, Green Deal Forum and Investing in Infrastructure 2013.
- Utilities Industry Profile: Europe. // Utilities Industry Profile: Europe;Oct2011, p1
A market analysis of utilities in Europe as of October 2011 is presented. In 2010, the market experienced a 0.2% growth to realize a value of 1,087.2 billion U.S. dollars. By 2015, the market is forecast to have a value of 1,579.9 billion dollars, an increase of 45.3% from 2010. Other topics...
- An exciting place to be. Bennett, Chris // Utility Week;7/2/2004, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p14
Focuses on the changes being faced by public utilities in Great Britain as of July 2004.
- Neighbourhood watch. Lewis, Philip // Utility Week;6/22/2012, p26
The article reports that the National Planning Policy Framework (NPPF) in Great Britain will pile work on utilities as they will be compelled to participate in more local planning. The goal of the NPPF is to make the planning system less intricate and more accessible, and to promote sustainable...
- Xcel Holding Firm Against Power System Takeover By Boulder. HOLLY, CHRIS // Energy Daily;8/30/2011, Issue 166, p3
The article reports on the plan of the city of Boulder, Colorado to require voters to decide on the proposed establishment of a municipal utility by the Boulder City Council to take over responsibility for the electric service in the fall of 2011. Xcel Energy, provider of electric service,...
- Private utilities step up attack on munis at meeting. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;03/31/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30610, p5
Reports on the criticisms of investor-owned utilities on municipal utilities in the United States. Role of the public power systems in a restructured electricity market; Right to use tax-free financing.