CalPERS, Ready to Launch Credit Enhancement Program, Wins AAA From Fitch
- Standard & Poor's Issues First Rating For Calif. Employees Retirement System. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;1/29/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32556, p40
The article reports on the issuance of Standard & Poor's Corp. of its A1-plus credit ratings to the California Public Employees' Retirement System (CalPERS). The rating is based on the strong creditworthiness of the system and its sponsors, along with the system's very strong liquidity. CalPERS...
- Guess Who's Into Credit Enhancement? Sargent, Carolyn // Investment Dealers' Digest;9/27/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 37, p8
Reports on public pension fund California Public Employees' Retirement System's (CalPERS) plans to enter the municipal bond credit enhancement market. Ratings of the CalPERS program from various rating agencies; Impact of the fund's market entry on municipal credit-support and liquidity.
- California Transit Ratings Threatened by Challenge to State Pension Reform. Webster, Keeley // Investment Management Mandate Pipeline;8/16/2013, p3
The article reports that the amendments to the public employee pension laws of California, may damage the credits of transit agencies. It mentions that the U.S. Department of Labor, urged California to remove transportation employees from the California Public Employees' Pension Reform Act of...
- CalPERS Ready to Offer Gilt-Edged Credit Enhancements. Saskali, Rich // Bond Buyer;1/19/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32052, p36
Reports on Moody's Investors Service's rating of the California Public Employees' Retirement System's (CalPERS) credit enhancement program. Comments of CalPERS portfolio manager Dan Kiefer on the program; Rating of the program by Fitch Ratings; Benefits of the program for the pension fund.
- CalPERS defensive on core real estate. Hemmerick, Steve // Pensions & Investments;3/22/1999, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p42
Focuses on the California Public Employees' Retirement System's real estate investment portfolio as of March 22, 1999. Pension plan's assumption of a defensive position regarding the portfolio; Background on the pension plan's real estate investments.
- AT DEADLINE. // Pensions & Investments;12/23/2002, Vol. 30 Issue 26, p1
Presents news briefs related to business enterprises and their pensions and investments as of December 23, 2002. Performance data for individual funds in the private equity program of the company CalPERS; Decrease in the target fixed income allocation of Los Angeles City Employee's Retirement...
- CALPERS EXPOSES ITS Portfolio Dogs. Haddock, Fiona // Global Finance;Jul/Aug99, Vol. 13 Issue 7/8, p60
Features a survey by the California Public Employees' Retirement System (Calpers), a public pension fund. Earnings per share; Reason the company is opposed to the dual-class stock structure; Recommendations of Calpers.
- Stockton Judge: CalPERS Not Sancrosanct in Chapter 9. Chin, Tonya // Bond Buyer;10/2/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34188, p1
The judge in the Stockton, Calif. bankruptcy case has ruled that a city in Chapter 9 bankruptcy has the power to adjust California Public Employees' Retirement System pensions.
- AT DEADLINE. // Pensions & Investments;6/13/2005, Vol. 33 Issue 12, p1
The article presents information on country debt policy as recommended by employee fringe provider California Public Employees' Retirement System (CalPERS). Calpers' staff recommended adopting a country selection policy for investing in emerging market debt based on credit ratings issued by...