Full Circle Nelson Returns to WHEDA
- Milwaukee bank works to keep housing affordable. Hohmann, Michael // North Western Financial Review;9/15/2006, Vol. 191 Issue 18, p10
The article focuses on the efforts of Guaranty Bank of Brown Deer, Wisconsin to maintain affordable housing in Milwaukee. Guaranty has joined forces with the city of Milwaukee, the Wisconsin Housing and Economic Development Authority (WHEDA) and local nonprofit organizations to help develop more...
- Richards-Yellen Joins Michael Best as Partner. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;1/26/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32306, p7
The article reports on the hiring of Leslie Richards-Yellen by Michael Best & Friedrich LLP as a partner to lead its public finance group. Richards-Yellen will work in the Chicago, Illinois office of the company.
- Chicago's largest law firms. Fenrick, Katrina; Pospichal, Marie // Crain's Chicago Business;2002 Book of Lists, Vol. 24 Issue 53, p111
Presents a tabulation detailing the largest law firms in Chicago, Illinois as of August 2001. Increase of staff of local attorneys; Inclusion of Michael Best and Friedrich LLC as the largest firm; Evaluation of base salary for associates hired from law schools.
- Michael Best Rebuilding After Costly String of Departures. Hanson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;8/24/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32452, p6
The article reports on the efforts of Michael Best & Friedrich LLP, a Wisconsin based-law firm engaged in public finance, to rebuild its practice. As of August 15, 2006, Michael Best has been working on five deals in bond counseling worth $10 million. It has started interviewing candidates for...
- Best moves to Utah, acquires Vantus Law. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;12/2/2013, Vol. 43 Issue 16, p3
The article focuses on the plans of Milwaukee-based law firm Michael Best & Friedrich LLP to acquire Vantus Law Group in Utah on January 1, 2014 which will add eight new attorneys in regional practice and also presents a statement of Stuart Fredman, senior transactions partner at Vantus Law Group.
- THE TAKE-AWAY. Le Beau, Christina // Crain's Chicago Business;8/17/2015, Vol. 38 Issue 33, p0031
An interview with law firm Michael Best & Friedrich's trademark and copyright practice head Jeffrey Brown is presented. When asked about what he wanted to be when he was a kid, he mentioned becoming a record store owner. Brown cited Mexico City as his favorite getaway because it is an electric...
- NABL's Zucker Wins Praise as He Steps Down After a Busy Year. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;09/20/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30979, p28
Reports on Howard Zucker's resignation as president of the National Association of Bond Lawyers (NABL). Achievements during his tenure at NABL; Key role of NABL in addressing regulatory issues.
- Wisconsin Weighs Raising Agency's Multifamily Debt Capacity. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;8/12/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32195, p3
Reports that the bill pending in the Wisconsin Legislature would nearly double the multifamily revenue borrowing capacity of the Wisconsin Housing and Economic Development Authority. Promotion of the preservation and creation of new affordable multifamily units in the state; Aim of the bill to...
- TAPPISAFE Through the Eyes of a Labor Attorney. OSTLE, GLENN; Hobbs, Eric // Paper 360;May/Jun2013, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p32
The article offers views of labor and employer attorney Eric Hobbs at the law firm Michael Best & Friedrich LLP in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, regarding industrial safety issues and states that the attorney has been handling health and safety issues since 1984. As mentioned, the attorney discusses the...