Appeals Court Allows Seattle Monorail Question to Go Before Voters
- Probation Eligibility. // Probation & Parole Law Reports;Nov/Dec2013, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p87
The article presents the case United States vs. Jacob where the court ruled that if a convicted offender with a pending appeal fails to report to prison at a specified date, the dismissal of the appeals is then warranted by the disentitlement doctrine.
- Complaining About Client's Discrimination Is Protected. Wilbur, Michael E. // HR Magazine;May2005, Vol. 50 Issue 5, p107
Focuses on the ruling of the case Flowers versus Columbia College of Chicago filed at the 7th Circuit Court of Appeals in the U.S. on February 7, 2005, which held that an employer that fires an employee for complaining about discrimination by another entity violates the Title VII statute. ...
- PILLOW FIGHT. Bassett, Michael // Corporate Meetings & Incentives;May2008, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p16
The article reports on the judgment given to Trump Taj Mahal Casino Resort by the New Jersey appellate court for violating the Consumer Fraud Act. The court ordered a $200,000 payment for Onyx Acceptance Corp. for failing to provide 60 rooms for a corporate holiday party in December 2001....
- Ohio Court of Appeals Rejects Claim that Mailing of Notice of Appeal Satisfies Mandatory Appeal Requirements. Shambaugh, Phyllis J. // Venulex Legal Summaries;2004 Q1, p1
The article reports on the decision of the U.S. Sixth District Court of Appeals in Lucas County to reject a taxpayer's claim that the timely mailing of a notice to appeal to the Ohio Board of Tax Appeals satisfies the mandatory appeal requirements of RC 5717.01. Long standing Ohio precedent that...
- Appeals court upholds $72M judgment against Hilbert. Donhardt, Tracy // Indianapolis Business Journal;11/14/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 36, p45
The article reports on the 72 million dollars judgment upheld by the Indiana Court of Appeals against Stephen Hilbert, founder of Conseco Inc. in Indianapolis, Indiana.
- Order Compelling Arbitration Not Appealable. // Dispute Resolution Journal;Apr-Jun1995, Vol. 50 Issue 2, p88
Reviews the decision of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit on a case regarding the appeal of an order compelling arbitration. Facts of the case; Provisions of the Federal Arbitration Act regarding an order favoring arbitration.
- Refusal to Vacate Award of Interim Security Is Appealable. // Dispute Resolution Journal;Apr-Jun1995, Vol. 50 Issue 2, p91
Reviews the decision of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit on a case upholding the appealability of a final decision refusing to vacate an arbitral award of interim security pending arbitration. Facts of the case; Jurisdiction of a district court in hearing a petition to vacate...
- FMCSA ASKS FOR MORE TIME WITH CURRENT RULE. Dunn, Jill // Overdrive;Oct2004, Vol. 44 Issue 10, p8
The article reports that Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) wants a federal appeals court to keep the current hours-of-service regulations in place for at least six months while the agency works to address the court's concerns. The U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of...
- Lambda to appeal makeup case. Conkin, Dennis // Bay Area Reporter;1/27/2005, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p10
Reports on the request of the Lambda Legal Defense and Education Fund Inc. for the U.S. Court of Appeals to review a ruling by a three-judge appellate panel on the discrimination case of Darlene Jespersen. Belief of the defense on the possible rehearing of the lawsuit; Criticism of the defense...