N.Y. Budget Gap on Track to Hit $7 Billion in 2007, Report Warns
- Under Pressure, One Deficit Follows Another. Stark, Jonna // Bond Buyer;4/15/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32857, Special section p38
The article focuses on the budget deficit of Rhode Island for both fiscal 2008 and 2009. Reports reveal the state's budget deficit of $151 million for fiscal 2008 and $384 million for 2009. For this reason, Gov. Donald L. Carcieri presented a 2009 budget to the General Assembly that was 3.8%...
- What Are Their Words Worth? Zápal, Jan; Schneider, Ondrřj // Eastern European Economics;Sep/Oct2006, Vol. 44 Issue 5, p6
This paper tracks the behavior of the fiscal authorities of the ten new EU member states in the period that immediately preceded their EU accession in 2004. We analyze the reasons that led to fiscal consolidations in the new members and present evidence from the preaccession economic and...
- Causality Between Government Revenues and Spending in Europe. Wolswijk, Guido // ICFAI Journal of Public Finance;May2009, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p6
Testing for causality between government revenues and spending reveals useful information on the source of budgetary imbalances. This can form the basis for deciding, whether to base fiscal consolidation on spending cuts or on revenue increases. To this end, this paper conducts Granger-causality...
- Sedgwick's Squeeze. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;3/16/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31842, p31
Reports that Sedgwick County, Kansas, is expected to face a budget deficit for fiscal 2005.
- Taxpayer's bill of rights could fix fiscal wrongs. // Business North Carolina;Mar2005, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p10
Argues that a taxpayer's bill of rights could prevent a projected budget deficit in North Carolina for the fiscal year of 2005-2006. Definition of a taxpayer's bill of rights; Capability of the taxpayer's bill of rights to limit the state's spending; Disadvantage of having a statutory limit on...
- Budget: '4.5% Growth.'. // Latin America Monitor: Central America Monitor;
Reports on the passage of the 2006 budget of Honduras. Percentage of increase in budget approved by the government; Budget allocations for education and health, public works and public security; Percentage of fiscal deficit assumed for the budget; Sources of the financing of the budget including...
- Troubles For Slovak Government. // Emerging Markets Monitor;12/22/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 35, p14
Reports on the approval of the 2004 budget of Slovakia. Deficit target for 2004; Political situation in the country; Main risk for Slovak assets.
- Fewer states facing budget gaps, but fiscal troubles aren't over, report says. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;2/23/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31826, p33
Reports on the decline in the number of states in the U.S. with budget gaps, according to state budget update report by the National Conference of State Legislatures. Projected budget shortfall of states 2005; Difficulty of fiscal recovery in traditional manufacturing states.
- Balochistan Budget: Rs. 59.70bn Tax Free Budget Presented. Qadoos, Abdul // Economic Review (05318955);May/Jun2006, Vol. 37 Issue 5/6, p11
The article reports on the 59.70 billion rupee provincial budget for financial year 2006-2007 presented by Finance Minister Syed Ahsan Shah during the Balochistan Assembly in Pakistan. The Finance Minister has unveiled the provincial budget with a deficit of 10.963 billion rupee. Also, the...