Pennsylvania Seeks Team For $1B Deal
- March 1 Deadline Set for Joining California Pooled-Bond Program. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;12/21/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32034, p1
The article reports that a more detailed timeline is in place for redevelopment agencies in California that want to join a bond program enabling them to stretch out payments they are required to make to the state this May. California's fiscal 2005 budget required the state's redevelopment...
- Fists Fly as Lawyer, Adviser Are Fired in Oklahoma Deal. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;4/4/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31608, p3
Canadian County, Oklahoma, officials are searching for records on bond sales for a controversial juvenile detention center after a hearing that led to the firing of the issuer's counsel and financial adviser and a fistfight in a courthouse hallway following a county commissioners' hearing. Mark...
- Maine to Sell $9.7 Million to Fund Higher Ed Facilities, Capital Projects. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;10/3/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32479, p34
The article reports on the sale of $9.7 million of tax-exempt general obligation notes to finance various capital projects of Maine. UBS Securities LLC will be the underwriter and Edwards, Angell, Palmer & Dodge LLP will be the counsel of the uninsured sale. Of the sale, $3.8 million will fund...
- Colorado Hitting the Road With $220 Million Trans Sale. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;6/4/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31400, p30
Reports on the sale of transportation bonds of the Colorado Transportation Department. Proceeds of the sale to finance highway projects; Terms of the deal; Underwriter of the bond sale.
- House Overwhelmingly Approves D.C.'s Fiscal 2005 Spending Plan. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;7/21/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31930, p4
Reports on the U.S. House's approval of Washington, D.C.'s spending bill for the fiscal year beginning October 1, 2004, which authorizes the city to sell $400 million of general obligation bonds. Federal payment to the city under the bill; Components of the spending plan.
- New Jersey Again Tops Calendar, This Time With $700M Deal. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;1/18/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32051, p37
Reports on the issuance of bonds by the state of New Jersey. Use of the proceeds for school building construction; Reinvention of the January bond coupon and redemption payments; Assessment of the state income taxes; Imbalance between general obligation bonds and appropriation debt.
- Minnesota Readies $400M Deal. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/18/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32489, p1
The article reports on the plans of Minnesota to competitively sell $400 million of tax-exempt general obligation (GO) bonds. $327 million will be sold as GO bonds for various capital projects and the remaining $73 million will be state trunk-line GO debt, dedicated to transportation projects....
- Virginia Legislators Reach Deal on Biennial Budget. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;5/7/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31879, p4
Reports that Virginia House of Delegates and Senate legislators have reached a compromise on the state's budget for fiscal 2005-2006. Compromise budget plan; Protection of the state's triple-A bond rating; Plans to boost spending on education, health care, public safety and state workers' salaries.
- MIDWEST INVISIBLE SUPPLY. // Bond Buyer;3/23/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32096, p30
Presents a chart that depicts Midwest invisible supply. Issuer and purpose; Amount; Approval status; Underwriter choice; Expected sale date.