Burned Insurers Sue
- FSA Seeks Ruling Reversal, SEC's Opinion. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;11/2/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32747, p1
The article reports on the urge of Financial Security Assurance Inc. for a federal appeals court to reconsider and ask the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission to weigh in on a ruling that involves bond insurer Stephens Inc. for securities fraud. The bond insurer was alleged for bond-related...
- Moody's Defends Criteria for Insurers. Herman, Jack // Bond Buyer;8/1/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32931, p1
The article reports on the defense of Moody's Investors Service Inc. (MIS) related to the comments of insurance executives that downgrades were based on changing criteria in the financial services industry in the U.S. MIS have placed triple-A rated insurers Assured Guaranty Corp. and Financial...
- Moody's Affirms FSA's Stable Aaa, Citing Strength, Position. Campbell, Dakin // Bond Buyer;3/12/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32834, p7
The article reports on the affirmation of Financial Security Assurance Inc.'s (FSA) stable Aaa rating by Moody's Investors Service Inc. in the U.S. The rating agency cited the bond insurer's strong capital position and improved market position. It saw the capacity of FSA to take advantage of the...
- AFGI: Bond Insurance Cost May Turn On FSA's Appeal of Ruling. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;2/11/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32069, p1
Reports on the implication of the lawsuit filed against underwriter Stephens Inc. by insurer Financial Security Assurance Inc. on municipal bond issuers in the U.S. Outlook of the Association of Financial Guaranty Insurers on the case; Contention of Stephens on the issue; Details of the case.
- FSA's Hoey retires after 15 years as director of investor relations. Sherman, Lynn // Bond Buyer;02/10/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30826, p23
Reports on Financial Security Assurance Inc. director for investor relations Peter Hoey's retirement after 15 years with the company. Hoey's accomplishments in the bond insurance industry; Hoey's involvement with the company after his retirement.
- Former King of the Hill MBIA Insurance Slips to Fourth Place. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;7/10/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31177, p34
Provides the ranking of bond insurers in the United States. Downslide of the MBIA Insurance Corp. from first to fourt place; Reason for the losses of MBIA; Placement of Financial Security Assurance Inc. at the top spot.
- FSA No.1 Among Insurers. Meyers, Maxwell // Bond Buyer;10/18/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32240, p1
Reports on the rank of Financial Security Assurance Inc. at the top spot among bond insurers by underwriting a multi-billion dollar municipal debt in the U.S. Percentage of the market's insurance penetration rate; Influence of competition among the companies and the high volume of municipal...
- THE TRADING FLOOR. // Bond Buyer;8/21/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31207, p32
Reports on developments concerning the United States financial services industry as of August 21, 2001. Steven Benov's decision to join the health care finance group of Raymond James & Associates Inc. as vice president of public finance in the Chicago, Illinois office; Elizabeth R. Hill's...
- THE TRADING FLOOR. Smith, Aaron T.; Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;4/29/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31624, p28
Presents information about developments in the U.S. financial services industry, as of April 29, 2003. Selection of James L. Andrews Jr. by bond insurer Financial Security Assurance Inc. as its managing director of health care finance; Responsibilities conferred on Andrews; Selection of Cathy A....