N.Y.'s Big MAC Agreement City and State Pact Clears Way for $2.5B Deal
- Appeals Court Latest Venue for N.Y.C. MAC Refunding Case. Braum, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;11/18/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31764, p3
Reports on the arguments over the constitutionality of a contested plan to refinance New York City's debt. Debt issued by the Municipal Assistance Corp.; Evaluation of the constitutionality of a statute authorizing the city bailout plan; Transfers of a sales taxpayment.
- A SIMULTANEOUS EQUATION MODEL OF PUBLIC EXPENDITURE DECISIONS IN LARGE CITIES. Tei-wei Hu; Booms, Bernard H. // Annals of Regional Science;Dec71, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p73
Discusses a community welfare function-derived equation model for allocating local public expenditures among government functions in large cities. Response of expenditures to differences in income and other social and economic factors; Impact of intergovernmental aid on education and public...
- EXPLORING WITHIN-YEAR BUDGET ADJUSTMENTS IN SMALL TO MEDIUM-SIZE CITIES IN WEST VIRGINIA. Klase, Kenneth A.; John Dougherty, Michael; Soon Geun Song // Journal of Public Budgeting, Accounting & Financial Management;Summer2001, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p245
Presents information on a study which examined within-year budget execution based on data from small and medium-sized cities in West Virginia. Review of within-year budgetary adjustments; Overall appropriations and revenue changes; Change between initial appropriations and outlays.
- MAC Appeal Pushes Back N.Y.C. Deal. // Bond Buyer;8/28/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31708, p1
Reports that a New York state appellate court has granted a request by the state for a preliminary injunction against New York City administration's plan to start refinancing Municipal Assistance Corp. bonds. Response of the state administration to the decision; Information on the panel of...
- EDITORIAL. Naidoo, Goonasagree // Politeia (02568845);2012, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p1
The article discusses various reports published within the issue on topics including criminal activity, a study on the establishment of more autonomous independent municipal entities and spending by provinces in South Africa.
- N.Y. Legislature Has No Plans to Clarify MAC-Bill Language. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;8/29/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31709, p1
Reports on the decision of the New York state legislature not to intervene in the battle over the Municipal Assistance Corp. (MAC) refinancing by passing clean-up legislation that would undercut Governor George E. Pataki's case against the deal New York City is trying to sell. Subjection of...
- MAC on Track. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;10/25/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31996, p35
Reports that the board of New York's Municipal Assistance Corp. (MAC) has approved the plan of New York City to refinance the remaining MAC debt with state sales tax revenue through Sales Tax Asset Receivable (STAR) Corp. Expectation of the city to save the money it will cost to retire the...
- New York City Argues Allocation In State MAC Legislation Is Legal. // Bond Buyer;8/20/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31702, p1
Reports on the lawsuit between New York City mayor Michael R. Bloomberg and New York governor George E. Pataki over the city's plan to use $170 million money to refinance $2.5 billion in New York City Municipal Assistance Corp. bonds. Arguments of New York City in favor of using the amount;...
- NEVER SAY NEVER: IMPLEMENTATION OF DECENTRALIZATION REFORM IN MACEDONIA. Martinez-Vazquez, Jorge; Timofeev, Andrey // Proceedings of the Annual Conference on Taxation;2008, p427
The article presents the challenges in the implementation of decentralization in Macedonia in 2008. It states that the system lacks an objective method to arrive at expenditure needs and the assignment of functional responsibilities stays unclear. It says that the municipalities lack revenue...