- Governor Rejects Pojoaque Projects. // Native American Law Digest;May2005, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p5
This article reports about the rejection of Pojoaque, New Mexico project by New Mexico Governor Bill Richardson. The project was rejected on the grounds that the tribe has failed to pay its share under revenue-sharing agreements in tribe-state compacts.
- N.M. Lieutenant Governor Aims To Be 2010's 'Ethics' Candidate. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;7/14/2009, Vol. 369 Issue 33148, p20
The article reports that Lieutenant Governor Diane Denish kept her distance from other Democrats facing pay-to-play allegations in New Mexico in 2009. It includes Governor Bill Richardson, whose Governor Richardson's Investment Partnership bond program has faced pay-to-play investigations. It...
- N.M. Governor Offers $3.4B Budget, Capital Outlay Changes. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;1/5/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31793, p4
Reports on the multi-million dollar proposal state budget by Governor Bill Richardson for fiscal 2005 in New Mexico. Significance of the budget plan in creating schools and jobs for New Mexicans; Commitment of Richardson to cut fraud and implement necessary cost controls; Recommendation of...
- New Mexico Gov. At CU Museum. // Credit Union Journal;6/20/2005, Vol. 9 Issue 24, p10
The article reports that the governor of New Mexico, Bill Richardson, delivered an address at America's Credit Union Museum here as part of a breakfast event co-sponsored by the New Hampshire league and the New Hampshire Department of Cultural Resources. Richardson was on a two-day visit to the...
- Beyond Ethnicity. Garcia, David Alire // Hispanic;Jan/Feb2003, Vol. 16 Issue 1/2, p18
Features Bill Richardson, the first Latino governor of New Mexico, as of 2003. Contributions to the foreign affairs of the U.S. government; Political agenda; Hispanic issues he plans to address as governor of New Mexico.
- New impetus to legislative drive. // Power Economics;May2000, Vol. 4 Issue 5, p14
Reports on United States Energy Secretary Bill Richardson's call for Congress to enact energy market restructuring legislation in 2000. Richardson's opposition against stand-alone reliability legislation; Broad issues that should be addressed by the bill.
- STATE'S BAIT CREATES BUSY SLATE. Debruge, Peter // Daily Variety;6/27/2008, Vol. 299 Issue 59, pA1
The article discusses how the movie industry contributed to the development of New Mexico. It says that 2007 has been a good year for New Mexico because of its involvement in the Oscar nominations and filmmaking. According to Governor Bill Richardson, the state used to be very prominent when it...
- New Mexico Enacts Tough Predatory Law. Brustein, Joshua // National Mortgage News;4/21/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 30, p12
Reports on New Mexico Governor Bill Richardson's signing into law of the New Mexico Home Loan Protection Act, the state's anti-predatory lending bill. Negotiations between consumer groups, legislators and industry representatives; Call for a threshold on interest rates; Anti-steering provision...
- NEW MEXICO: GRIP II Gets House OK. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;3/6/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32580, p9
The article reports on the House of Representatives' endorsement of New Mexico Governor Bill Richardson's package of more than 100 bond-backed local transportation projects including work at the state's spaceport. The legislation authorizes the New Mexico Board of Finance to issue up to 250...