The Real 'Dish' on Cable
- Diversity Is Center Stage for Cable in NY. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;9/20/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 38, p58
This article focuses on diversity for cable in New York. "Diversity Week," gathering in New York of executives, cable organizations and telecommunication observers will serve as an opportunity to celebrate cable's commitment to diversity and to challenge MSOs, programmers and suppliers to...
- Getting at Things Under the Surface. Mays, Mariianne // Herizons;Spring2005, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p32
This article presents information on the book "Masque," by poet Rachel Zolf. The book delves confidently into complex topics such as family dynamics, and sexual and ethnic identity. Part dramatic script, part expose and part poetry, Masque introduces a theatre of jostling voices, some gentle,...
- Editor's Note. // Jewish Sociology & Social Research;Fall1974, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p18
The article announces the changes made in the journal "Ethnicity." In the forthcoming issues, the book review section will include reviews, essay-reviews, and abstracts of recent journal articles. While members will be approached to review books, others will also be asked to send their...
- American Ethnic Groups (Book Review). Dinnerstein, Leonard // American Historical Review;Oct79, Vol. 84 Issue 4, p1142
Reviews the book 'American Ethnic Groups,' edited by Thomas Sowell.
- Reviews. Okihiro, Gary Y. // Journal of American Ethnic History;Fall94, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p103
Reviews the book `Ethnic Groups,' edited by Eleanor Goldstein.
- Anti-intervention book launched. Peterson, Chris // Green Left Weekly;2/17/2010, Issue 826, p4
The article reports on the launch of the book "Will They Be Heard" which contains interviews with Indigenous people from several remote communities affected by the Northern Territory intervention in Australia.
- Masculinity, War and the Politics of Ethnic Identity: A Study of Khaled Hosseini's The Kite Runner. Sarma, Mriganka Sekhar // Labyrinth: An International Refereed Journal of Postmodern Studi;Oct2015, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p41
This paper explores the proximity between masculinity and war, and examines how these two concepts are related to the politics of ethnicity-based identity through a study of Khaled Hosseini's debut novel, The Kite Runner. The novel portrays the plight of the various marginalised sections in the...
- Realizing Racial and Ethnic Neighborhood Preferences? Exploring the Mismatches Between What People Want, Where They Search, and Where They Live. Havekes, Esther; Bader, Michael; Krysan, Maria // Population Research & Policy Review;Feb2016, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p101
The housing search process is an overlooked mechanism in the scholarly research that seeks to understand the causes of persistent racial residential segregation in the United States. Past research has explored in detail the preferences people hold in terms of the racial and ethnic composition of...
- Attitudes Toward Ethnic Minorities as Business Managers in the New Millennium. Tomkiewicz, Joe; Bass, Kenneth // North American Journal of Psychology;2000, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p247
Presents information on a study which examined whether individuals who display higher levels of factors that indicate managerial success also have more favorable attitudes toward ethnic minorities as managers. Discussion on social change as a dominant issue in the 20th century; Data and methods...