- The Scroll Rolls On For Digital Broadcast. Lafayette, Jon // Broadcasting & Cable;11/4/2013, Vol. 143 Issue 41, p18
The article offers information on television (TV) technology firm Broadcast Television Group and its TV Scout programming information service for digital TV broadcasts as of November 4, 2013. The author says TV Scout looks like the TV Guide Channel and similar channels carried by cable TV...
- Challenges Don't Limit Digital TV's Potential. Knight, Toni // Television Week;1/12/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p9
Comments on the continuing progress of digital television despite the challenges in the television broadcasting industry in the U.S. as of January 2004. Benefits of converting to digital television; Concern of broadcasters.
- DISPATCHES. Hopewell, John; de Pablos, Emiliano; Jones, Arthur; Nadler, John // Variety;4/7/2003, Vol. 390 Issue 8, p25
Presents news briefs on television broadcasting as of April 7, 2003. Additional programs of Spanish cable operators ONO and Retecal; Resistance of Chinese audiences on digital television; Agreement signed by Fox Sports International with the Major League Soccer to broadcast outside the U.S.
- Nordic b'casters face digital delay. Edmunds, Marlene // Variety;03/26/2001, Vol. 382 Issue 6, pM12
Provides updates on the television industry in Europe as of March 2001. Lack of digital set-top boxes in Finland; Plans of ViaSat and Canal Digital to cancel their regional analog platforms; Ratings of the reality television show `The Big Class Reunion,' in Norway.
- What's On HDTV And Where to Get It. Antonoff, Michael // Sound & Vision;Oct2003, Vol. 68 Issue 8, p99
Presents information on the television stations in the U.S. that broadcast their programs in high definition television (HDTV). Schedules of programs in HDTV; Cable and satellite channels in HDTV; Local broadcasters of HDTV.
- CABLE & SATELLITE. Antonoff, Michael // Sound & Vision;Jun2003, Vol. 68 Issue 5, p66
Presents an update on several cable and satellite high-definition television programs in the U.S. as of June 2003. HBO-HDTV; Discovery HD Theater; ESPN HD.
- The format business: Franchising television content. Esser, Andrea // International Journal of Digital Television;2013, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p141
The new millennium has seen the franchising of television content escalate. The trade in so-called TV formats, like Big Brother or The X Factor, sold internationally for local adaptation, has multiplied. This article aims to illuminate the development of the format trade and the reasons for its...
- The future of HD in Europe. // IBE: International Broadcast Engineer;Jul/Aug2005 Supplement, p14
The article presents a roundtable discussion about a variety of issues relevant to high definition TV in Great Britain. The advantages and challenges associated with high definition TV are discussed. The correlation between digital readiness and high definition applications is highlighted. Ways...
- Youth movement leads digital age. Mayorga, Emilio; Hopewell, John // Variety;4/3/2006, Vol. 402 Issue 7, pA34
The article offers information on an approach employed by Spanish public broadcasting company RTVE in its efforts to venture into digital terrestial television (DTT) and its plans to expand internationally in April 2006. The broadcaster launched in November 2005 its six-channel DTT multiplex...