ESPN'S 'HUSTLE' COMES UP SHORT ON DETAILS
- Nets on deck with playoffs. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;10/4/2005, Vol. 289 Issue 2, p1
Reports on the impact of the baseball postseason the rating of Fox Network and ESPN in the U.S. Comment of David Carter, the Los Angeles-based principal of the Sports Business Group on the value associated with postseason baseball; Improvement of the rating of Fox Network in the primetime...
- Close games a lead-off hit. Kissell, Rick // Daily Variety;10/20/2004, Vol. 285 Issue 13, p5
Reports on the television broadcasting of Major League Baseball Championship Series games by Fox Television resulting to increased ratings for the station since May 2004. Games and events aired by the network; Competition with other networks; Viewership.
- STAR POWER STRIKES OUT. Kissell, Rick; Flaherty, Mike // Daily Variety;10/21/2008, Vol. 301 Issue 12, p1
The article reports that the baseball postseason that began with some potentially valuable World Series scenarios will end instead with a Philadelphia-Tampa Bay match-up that is short of marquee value. It discusses the match-up's implications for Fox. The article reveals that TBS' Game 7...
- Ratings swing for the fences. Dempsey, John // Variety;5/17/2004, Vol. 395 Issue 1, p20
Reports on the performance of the Major League Baseball Nielsen ratings in the U.S. Average rating of the television coverage of baseball games; Increase in the ratings in individual markets of the baseball teams; Reasons for the increase in ratings.
- FSN Swings at 'Golden Age' Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;6/23/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 25, p32
The article reviews the television program "Baseball's Golden Age.
- Outdoor Life Gets Real with Surfing Pros. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;2/16/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p20
Reports on the expansion of the reality television programs of Outdoor Life Network. Coverage of the Association of Surfing Professionals tour; Preparation for the broadcasting of "Global Extremes."
- TV sports ratings. // AutoWeek;02/22/99, Vol. 49 Issue 9, p4
Ranks television sports programs in the United States for the week ending February 7, 1999. Includes program; Rating; Audience share.
- Soccer scores record aud. Johnson, Debra // Daily Variety;6/24/2002, Vol. 276 Issue 16, p8
Reports on the British television ratings for the world championship soccer game between England and Brazil. Overall British audience.
- ON DECK. Greenberg, Steve // Sporting News;3/17/2008, Vol. 232 Issue 11, p5
The article lists several television programs related to sports to be aired during the week ahead March 15, 2008, including "Pistons at Cavaliers" on March 19 at 8 p.m. on ESPN, "Pros vs. Joes" on March 15 at 11 a.m. on Spike, and the National Collegiate Athletic Association women's selection...