Meet the Mets for Yankees' Network?
- Boys' Club of New York receives grant from Baseball Tomorrow Fund. Elfman, Lois // New York Amsterdam News;9/18/2008, Vol. 99 Issue 39, p53
The article reports on the grant received by the Boys' Club of New York (BCNY) from the Baseball Tomorrow Fund (BTF). The grant in the amount of $9,578 will support BCNY's Academic All-Stars Baseball program and provide funding for equipment and uniforms for the team. The Baseball Academic...
- TAKE A SWING AT A BASEBALL PROGRAM. // Parks & Recreation;Jan2005, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p50
Announces the 2005 Pepsi Pitch, Hit & Run program of the National Recreation and Parks Association and Major League Baseball in the U.S. Benefit of the program to children.
- EMPHASIZING "COMMUNITY" AT ALVIN COMMUNITY COLLEGE. Krug, Mark // NJCAA Review;Oct2008, Vol. 60 Issue 2, p8
The article features a baseball program conducted by Texas' Alvin Community College (ACC), a member of the National Junior College Athletic Association. Baseball players and coaches put on a free baseball camp for the youth in Alvin and surrounding communities each fall season. ACC players are...
- Dream week. Bahr, Chris // Sporting News;5/20/2005, Vol. 229 Issue 20, p46
The article presents a chart that provides information about the forthcoming high-profile baseball matches between top baseball teams, which are scheduled during May 12-18, 2005.
- Successfully Marketing a Collegiate Baseball Program Within Resource Constraints: A Special Case of Volunteerism. Lachowetz, Tony; Todd, Sam; Dees, Windy // Journal of Sport Administration & Supervision;Apr2009, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p65
Given resource constraints in marketing budgets of athletic departments, many marketers of intercollegiate athletics often face a difficult choice between marketing all sports fairly, and marketing only those sports that would provide the highest return on investment of marketing dollars. This...
- NRPA in Action. // Parks & Recreation;Sep2008, Vol. 43 Issue 9, p124
The article discusses several National Recreation and Park Association (NRPA) news briefs including the announcement of the winner of the Aquafina Major League Baseball (MLB) Pitch, Hit & Run (PHR) competition in Oro Valley, Arizona, the 2008 partnership of NRPA with the National Alliance for...
- Wildcats announce summer baseball camps for youngsters. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);6/4/2008, Vol. 22 Issue 23, p4
The article offers information about the two baseball camp in June 2008 managed by Wildcat baseball program at the Whitney baseball field in Texas.
- Upward Slide. BROWN, NICHOLAS // Athletic Business;May2009, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p44
The article focuses on the increasing popularity of sled hockey in North America. According to Norm Page, the representative for the national sled program of USA Hockey, the increasing popularity of the sport has led to the increasing number of arenas in North America designed or renovated for...
- Junior Bridgeman's Cardinal Rule. Bradby, Marie // Louisville Magazine;Aug2005, Vol. 56 Issue 8, p38
The article presents information on the basketball player Ulysses L. Bridgeman. Thirty years ago Junior Bridgeman ran the basketball floor as a University of Louisville guard. Ulysses L. Bridgeman, a former University of Louisville basketball star who spent 12 years in the National Basketball...