Could NFL Net Punch Comcast's 'Ticket'?
- Olympian challenge. Higgins, Jonathan // Satellite Broadband;Nov2001, Vol. 2 Issue 11, p20
Discusses the challenges in broadcasting soccer World Cup in Korea in 2002 and the Olympic Games in Athens, Greece in 2004. Innovation in broadcasting the Olympics through the Syncom series of geostationary communications satellites and television technology from NHK; Concerns on the...
- IPTV Is Real: And Rights Issues Will Be Interesting. // CableFAX Daily;6/1/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 106, p1
Reports that real life examples of Internet Protocol television (IPTV) have been showcased at Euroconsult's 2006 World Broadcasting Business held in London, England. Number of British households that can access IP video-on-demand; Effort of UBC to legitimize Thai TV with TrueIPTV.
- FRAME GRAB. // Broadcast Engineering;May2005, Vol. 47 Issue 5, p54
Presents a graph on the percentage of American on-demand usage as of May 2005.
- DirecTV Adds Interactive Features to Punch Up 'NFL Sunday Ticket' Package. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;9/20/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 38, p12
This article focuses on interactive features of Direct TV Inc. The direct broadcast satellite company said it will introduce additional game channels, on which viewers will be able to watch one game while also viewing real-time scores. The enhanced games which can be viewed on channels 702 to...
- Billing and Provisioning for Long-Term IPTV Success. Silva, Renata // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Jun2006 Supplement, Vol. 40, p31
The article points out that the ability to offer real-time, flexible billing, provisioning solutions will be essential to the success of many providers as they go into new markets such as Internet Protocol television (IPTV). To simplify the process, providers should be able to manage service,...
- Dollars & Sense: IPTV: The Business Model (Part Ii). Kurtin, Owen D. // VIA Satellite;9/1/2007, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p8
This article focuses on the components of video on demand (VOD) services. The author discusses the vertical relationship between the satellite VOD provider or operator, distributors down the chain such as other multichannel video programming distributors or end-user subscribers, and up the...
- Super Bowl boosts CBS' chance to lead in 18-49. Kissell, Rick // Daily Variety;2/4/2004, Vol. 282 Issue 27, p6
Reports that the Super Bowl has jumpstarted the second half of the season for CBS' viewership ratings in the young adult categories. Ratings points of CBS compared with other networks; Television scheduling changes made by the networks to increase ratings.
- Flying with Presteigne at Red Bull Air Race Series. Tomlin, Mark // TVB Europe;May2007, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p16
The article features the developments surrounding broadcasting services company Presteigne Broadcast Hire. The company is a leading provider of equipment and systems hire to the broadcast industry. provides custom-built HD and SD flyaway systems for sports productions and other television and...
- The next big thing. Ford, Kate // IBE: International Broadcast Engineer;May2002, Issue 326, p22
Assesses the feasibility of satellite videophone technology in Great Britain. Importance of convergence on the success of 7E talking head satellite videophone technology; Features of the technology; Usability of the technology on broadcasters.