Cable's Emmy Haul Starts Creatively
- THROUGH THE WIRE. Haugsted, Linda; Gibbons, Kent; Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;3/13/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 11, p34
Presents news briefs related to the cable TV industry as of March 13, 2006. Impact of Hurricane Katrina on the National Cable & Telecommunications Association's national exhibition scheduled in New Orleans, Louisiana; Highlights on the annual Independent Spirt Awards hosted by Independent Film...
- Rob Kennedy. Jones, Jacque // Television Week;5/3/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 18, pS16
Features Rob Kennedy, co-chief operating officer and executive vice-president of cable television network C-SPAN. Award to be received by Kennedy at the 2004 Vanguard Awards; Comments from Peter Kiley, director of affiliate relations at C-SPAN, regarding Kennedy; Career background. INSET: JUST...
- More programs, less grammar. // B&T Weekly;10/29/2004, Vol. 54 Issue 2495, p32
Reports on the new schedule for Australia's female-oriented pay television channel W.
- The Next Networks. // Multichannel News;2/7/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p21
Introduces a series of articles on cable networks in the U.S.
- Just like homemade. Reveron, Derek // Latin Trade (English);Feb99, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p66
Reports on the efforts of Miami, Florida-based pay television networks serving the Latin American market to transmit original programming. Factors for the congregation of Latin American cable companies to Miami; Programming improvements by GEMS, CTG, Discovery Networks Latin America/Iberia and...
- Cable Ã la carte: Pay per channel. // Consumer Reports;Jun2004, Vol. 69 Issue 6, p61
Asserts that television cable companies are price-gouging and underserving consumers in the U.S. Annual increases of cable television service payments experienced by cable consumers; Suggested solution to the problem; Views of the Consumers Union.
- Dutch lead European cable penetration. // Advertising Age;4/27/1992, Vol. 63 Issue 17, pI-36
The article presents a graph highlighting the percentage of European television households that are subscribing to cable. The graph shows that Netherlands is the number one country in terms of the number of households with cable television subscription.
- `We Don't Have to Care, We're the Cable Company.' Aufderheide, Pat // Progressive;Jan91, Vol. 55 Issue 1, p28
The article considers care and concern abuses within the U.S. cable industry. Cable looks like a luxury compared with broadcast television, but not to the residents of Madelia, Minnesota, a rural community where the only signals that come in clearly come through cable wires, And not to residents...
- ESPN PLAYS HARDBALL IN FEE DISPUTE. Wu, Nelson H. // Variety;12/9/2002, Vol. 389 Issue 4, p36
Reports that pay television network ESPN has threatened to pull out of the Taiwan market by December 31, 2002 if cable system operators carry out their threat to cut by almost half the fees they pay the network. Dispute between foreign cable networks and the local cable television industry;...