Motorola OKs Pair of Dual-Tuner Guides
- On-screen guides help sort TV listings. Pargh, Andy // Design News;1/8/96, Vol. 52 Issue 1, p150
Reports on the features of interactive on-screen guides to television (TV) programs. Comparisons between StarSight and VideoGuide on-screen TV grid guides; VideoGuide's Smart Sorting feature which allows a viewer to sort channels; Contact information.
- New Service Taking iTV To Next Level. Tarr, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;1/8/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p96
Reports the enhancement of the interactive television in the United States. Public trial of the Click Version service; Linkages on a streaming video image; Inclusion of the subject material of a television program.
- Op Needs, Not Foe Microsoft, Top TV Guide Agenda: Aaron. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;7/21/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 29, p83
Reports that Microsoft Corp. executives unveiled the new television Foundation Edition interactive program guide in June 2003. Response of Microsoft's competitor Gemstar-TV Guide International Inc. toward Microsoft's business move; Other companies who are pioneers in television guides.
- Interactive TV viewed as prime-time sales vehicle--but when? Lockwood, Lisa; Turk, Rose Marie // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;6/23/1999, Vol. 177 Issue 120, p1
Discusses the possible benefits of interactive television as a sales vehicle for products seen in television programs in the United States. Services provided by Steeplechase Media, an interactive television content developer; Estimated number of homes with interactive television capability;...
- Growing up with Big Brother. Webdale, Jonathan // New Media Age;Summer2004 Supp NMA iTV, p3
This article introduces a series of articles on interactive television in Great Britain.
- COURT TV GETS INTERACTIVE. Mitchell-Marrell, Gabrielle // Daily Variety;8/5/2002, Vol. 276 Issue 44, p8
Reports on the inclusion of the interactive television program 'I, Detective' in the fall lineup of Court TV.
- GMTV. // Image Technology;Nov1992, Vol. 74 Issue 9, p183
The new ITV franchisees (Westcountry, GMTV, Meridian and Carlton) start their transmissions on 1st Januaiy 1993. We asked the Controllers or Heads of Engineering for details of their technical plans and operational policies and they have provided us with the following information which may be of...
- Interactive with Banzai! Ward, David // TVB Europe;Feb2002, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p40
Focuses on the interactive production of 'Banzai' television program. Design of a plan to synchronize the involvement of equipment; Requirements of transmission platforms; Usage of database to store references to the interactive television content.
- Moving breakfast TV into a digital environment. Wright, Geoff // IBE: International Broadcast Engineer;Sep2001, Issue 315, p58
Focuses on the evolution of the GMTV as the national interactive breakfast television program in Great Britain. Opportunity for the production chain to go digital; Reason for the selection of the Clipbox Power from Quantel as the editing server; Organization of an independent analysis to the...