Scripps, CTAM Going After Movers
- COMCAST LAUNCHES XFINITY 3D. Tribbey, Chris // Home Media Magazine;2/28/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p8
The article reports that cable provider Comcast has launched the Xfinity 3D 24-hour channel in the U.S.
- Comcast Loses Video Subs. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;2/21/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 8, p6
The article reports on the loss of 135,000 video subscribers by Comcast Corp. in the fourth quarter of 2010 and 757,000 video subscribers for the entire fiscal year.
- Adelphia Hikes Commercial Rates. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;3/3/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 9, p39
Reports on increase in rates charged by Adelphia Communications Corp. from its commercial subscribers in Los Angeles, California, as of March 2003. Adelphia's claims of undercharged accounts; Fox Cable Networks Group's announcement not to increase its licensing fees to multiple systems...
- Pay TV Gains Subs for 2nd Straight Quarter. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;5/9/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 19, p4
The article reports that as of March 31, 2011, pay television (TV) industry has gained video subscribers for the second straight quarters through cable TV and telephone service providers with a total of nearly 439,000 video customers.
- Why broadcasters face an uphill struggle to reinvent themselves. Higham, Nick // Marketing Week;10/15/1998, Vol. 21 Issue 33, p19
Focuses on the launching of FilmFour, C4's pay-television (TV) channel in Britain, on November 1, 1998. Program schedule of the first FilmFour broadcast; Implications of the launching of FilmFour; Challenge faced by C4.
- BT Vision kicks off bid to draw in sports viewers. Owens, John // PRWeek (London);11/23/2012, p1
The article reports on the bid launched by telecommunications company BT for pay television service BT Vision in an attempt to increase its below-target subscriber numbers.
- Brazil pay TV billing numbers on the rise. Watling, John // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;09/19/2000, Vol. 364 Issue 43, p117
Reports the increase in total billings and number of subscribers for pay television in Brazil as of year 2000. Factors contributing to the increase; Number of licenses issued by telecommunications authority Anatel; Focus of Brazilian cable operators on offering Internet access along with plain...
- Pay player signs out. // Daily Variety;03/21/2001, Vol. 271 Issue 16, p14
Details the delay of implementing the government plan of liberalizing subscription television in Hong Kong, China. Withdrawal of Hong Kong Network TV from the market; Names of other television network involved in the deal.
- This Just In. // Multichannel News;10/30/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 44, p2
Reports developments in the telecommunication industry in the United States as of October 2000. Efforts of The Outdoor Channel to seek strategic investment or equity financing; Details of the pay-per-view television offered by Showtime Event Television; Extension of the retransmission consent...